Windows 10: How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen

Discus and support How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have switched ISPs and have shiny new email addresses. My old email addresses became inaccessible when I switched. I've spent about 6 hours circling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NoobieKirk, Jan 25, 2020.

1. How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen

Have switched ISPs and have shiny new email addresses. My old email addresses became inaccessible when I switched. I've spent about 6 hours circling the same useless answers on the Microsoft and other sites trying to change my email address on the startup screen and presumably everything else Win10 related on the computer. The most recent useable looking answer on the community dates from 2015 and none of the instructions match anything seen on my screen. I've added a new Microsoft account with my new email address and while it works otherwise I wouldn't be here I've somehow requested a security time-out from my account that will last for a month. Possibly because even with the new account, this stupid thing is still trying to access the old email from the old account that I can't delete.

Windoze 10 has to be the most awesome upgrade in Windows user frustration to date. If there were any alternative at all, I'd happily be switching over right now. But, no, even within Window, we've been blackmailed into upgrading to 10 even if 7 still worked perfectly. For "security". Well, I'm so secure I can't do anything now.

So, are there any instructions from 2019 or 2020 that match current screens or dropdowns on how to change a the startup screen email and anything associated with it. When that email doesn't exist any more. Are there any current instructions on how to access your windows accounts when everything you try still links back to an email address that doesn't exist anymore. Is there any way of undoing securing your Doze account when you had no idea that somehow you were securing and locking yourself out of said account? That won't involve accessing an email that doesn't exist anymore.

Truly a complete cluster re: user friendliness. It's kind of unfortunate that MS didn't take into account that people might change email addresses and might want a simple way of updating them both in the system and in their accounts. Please, just kill me.

:)

NoobieKirk, Jan 25, 2020
  2. 147cad Win User

How do I change the Win 10 splash screen email address on boot?

I have a new pc with Win 10. I need to change the Win boot, splash screen email address. Help!

147cad, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 25, 2020
  4. How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen

How do I change the email address with which I sign in to Windows 10?

Hi Lester,

Thank you very much for this.

I went through your steps and the acxcount was not listed.

The account (the gmail) was not there, having checked both areas you have suggested. So I could not get to the stage rto allow it....as not shown.

I then tried to change the Win10 login email address but it still says that the email address is aleady in use.

Any more ideas , please?

Many thanks

John

JohnJoannou1, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen

1. How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen - Similar Threads - Change EMail Address

2. How to change my windows email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change my windows email address: Hello!Recently my email was hacked into and I was wondering if there is a way to change my current email to my new email, because I am truly scared that it is using some resources I don't want it to use....
  3. How to change my windows email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my windows email address: Hello!Recently my email was hacked into and I was wondering if there is a way to change my current email to my new email, because I am truly scared that it is using some resources I don't want it to use....
  4. How to change my windows email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. change my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change my email address: my listed email is now disabled and I have a new email address, how do I update it as I cant receive to my old address. my new email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Change my email address

Change my email address: I have an email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that I no longer use. My current email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How do I delete the hotmail email address and keep my gmail address on this computer....
  7. How to change administrator email address

How to change administrator email address: I have had a new email address for a while and I made it my primary address in Windows. I have now found that the administrator address is still showing my old email address and when I try to alter this it is asking me for the password for my old email address which I have...
  8. Win 10 people email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 people email address: edited contact but address drop down box only shows old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-people-email-address/92029489-0e9c-4d14-92a9-d6428bc1c810
  9. How to change email address of administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change email address of administrator: How do I propose an administrator change of email to my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-email-address-of-administrator/0058d93e-0404-4380-aed6-86c7622eefb2
  10. How To Change Administrator Email Address?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Change Administrator Email Address?: How can I reset email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ? If you Google this question you will get only instructions only on how to change password. I don't want to change the password, I want to change the email address....