Windows 10: How to change my file name in C Drive

Discus and support How to change my file name in C Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The folder I want to rename is in, My PC>Users>moham. But that name is mistaken and I want to change the name, and it also appears on Command Prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mohamed13WL, Apr 16, 2021.

1. How to change my file name in C Drive

The folder I want to rename is in,

My PC>Users>moham.

But that name is mistaken and I want to change the name, and it also appears on Command Prompt.

How to change my file name in C Drive e07ba950-f5e6-4dd5-9485-e76a2638cd53?upload=true.png

:)

Mohamed13WL, Apr 16, 2021

2. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c /users it still list John: for example c/users/John and I want to change that to c/users/Jane. I have not been able to figure out how to change the user name to agree with the user name on the c drive. Could someone please explain how you do that on windows 10? Thank you.

Hereathome, Apr 16, 2021
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 16, 2021
  4. How to change my file name in C Drive

Change the Default C:\Users\[name]

Hi Callie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

According to the issue, you want to correct the name in your file path, as it is different from your account name as well as system name.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

1. Make a local account first with the name you want, then sign into a Microsoft account.

2. Open your C: Drive and then go to the Users folder. Check if you see the other account there.

3. Delete the account and then change your Local Account into your Microsoft account.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

How to change my file name in C Drive

1. How to change my file name in C Drive - Similar Threads - change file name

2. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the user name in c DRIVE?: users/usernam in cmd . How to change this username https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-name-in-c-drive/d557cf71-4e23-44f3-96a3-be39e9cf4fcc
  3. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the user name in c DRIVE?: users/usernam in cmd . How to change this username https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-name-in-c-drive/d557cf71-4e23-44f3-96a3-be39e9cf4fcc
  4. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how i change my users name in c drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how i change my users name in c drive: how can i change my users name from C:\Users\BARADA PRASAD SAHOO To Barada Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-my-users-name-in-c-drive/c23683ef-9ebc-4e31-aab5-78dac56e6f6e
  6. How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?: How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-folder-names-in-c-drive-users/e81a57f3-22c0-4123-975f-c73aedacd8a6
  7. changing user name in drive c

changing user name in drive c: Can and how do I change my user name in drive C on my new computer to match my old computer so that my files from my photo book will link correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name-in-drive-c/35393109-666d-4897-a2d1-55c5596899f0"
  8. why cant i change my USERS file name in drive C:/

why cant i change my USERS file name in drive C:/: I made an error when I first set up this pc and now I cant fix it....when I go into c drive and to my users file it wont let me rename the file and I have done a factory fresh reboot and it keeps adding my incorrect name to the same file and I cant change it or find a...
  9. How to change C drive User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change C drive User Name?: I am the only user of my pc, and I am the administrator etc but the user name shown in the C drive is John and I want to change that to Pete. I have drives C and F In C the user is called John In F user called Pete Start/File Explorer/This pc/Local Disc...
  10. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.: I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c...