Windows 10: How to change my keyboard so When I Click Shift+2 I get @ not "

Discus and support How to change my keyboard so When I Click Shift+2 I get @ not " in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Which Keyboard do I need to use so I can get @ to be used when I use the Shift+2 button? At the moment I get " and I need it to be the other way round.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Liam (ldool23), Dec 25, 2018.

1. How to change my keyboard so When I Click Shift+2 I get @ not "

Which Keyboard do I need to use so I can get @ to be used when I use the Shift+2 button? At the moment I get " and I need it to be the other way round. my actual keyboard says it should type @ when I do it but I end up getting ". How do I fix this?

:)

Liam (ldool23), Dec 25, 2018
  2. Vic43 Win User

Keyboard "Shift 2" not giving @

This has worked for the last 3 years now it has changed to

"Shift 2" giving " not @

vice versa for the " Key.

Always thought I was on the US Keyboard system.

Vic43, Dec 25, 2018
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to change my keyboard so When I Click Shift+2 I get @ not "

If I type shift+2 it displays " and when I type shift+" it displays @ its reversed how to fix it

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

This issue may occur if you have installed language pack more than 1 or 2 in your system, I suggest you to check the language settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Open the Start menu and select "Settings

• Select "Time & language

• Select "Region & language

• Set your preferred default language

• Click your language

• Click the "Options" button.

• Remove any keyboard layouts you don't want to use.

• Add your desired layout if it isn't listed and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

How to change my keyboard so When I Click Shift+2 I get @ not "

1. How to change my keyboard so When I Click Shift+2 I get @ not " - Similar Threads - change keyboard Click

2. How bad does i have to be so when i right click it, it crahses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How bad does i have to be so when i right click it, it crahses: So, im trying to format the SD card as it is quite corrupted and.. i basically can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-bad-does-i-have-to-be-so-when-i-right-click-it/c577dbe8-bed3-437a-bae9-0c73fc8b35d9
  3. Hi - when I press Shift + 2 I get " symbol but in live in the UK and I want the@?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - when I press Shift + 2 I get " symbol but in live in the UK and I want the@?: Hi - when I press Shift + 2 I get " symbol but in live in the UK and I want the@ - how can I change it? how can I change my keyboard? I have done everything but it will not do it?...
  4. Hi - when I press Shift + 2 I get " symbol but in live in the UK and I want the@?

Hi - when I press Shift + 2 I get " symbol but in live in the UK and I want the@?: Hi - when I press Shift + 2 I get " symbol but in live in the UK and I want the@ - how can I change it? how can I change my keyboard? I have done everything but it will not do it?...
  5. Getting pop we get after right clicking i get when i press A on keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting pop we get after right clicking i get when i press A on keyboard?: Whenever i press { a } i get pop up. By pop up, I mean that when I'm on chrome and press alike while typing I get the panel opened of reloading, emoji basically the box we get after right-clicking, and when I'm on a notepad I get the option of undoing paste those things we...
  6. Getting pop we get after right clicking i get when i press A on keyboard?

Getting pop we get after right clicking i get when i press A on keyboard?: Whenever i press { a } i get pop up. By pop up, I mean that when I'm on chrome and press alike while typing I get the panel opened of reloading, emoji basically the box we get after right-clicking, and when I'm on a notepad I get the option of undoing paste those things we...
  7. Getting pop we get after right clicking i get when i press A on keyboard?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop: Hi! I feel like this changed one day and I only noticed it today. Doing Shift-click between two files in a folder selects everything in between horizontally which is totally normal but I used to remember that on the Desktop is was vertically and not horizontally ? I just...
  9. My icons change when i click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    My icons change when i click on them: So i changed my task bar icons to custm white ones and on one monitor it works perfectly fine where as on my other monitor as soon as i click on it it changes to the original icon it usedto be. And i have ADHD so it kinda irritates me. So if anyone has a solution please...
  10. Is there a way to make it so Ctrl+Shift won't change the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make it so Ctrl+Shift won't change the keyboard?: I recently added the US International keyboard along with the standard US keyboard for online school Spanish purposes. The only issue is when I am playing games, I use the control and shift keys very quickly and it switches the keyboard back and forth from international to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to chang shift to shift

2. how to change keyboard from to @ (shift 2)

3. why if i click shift 2 i got

4. how to change keyboard settings so that shift 2,
  5. shift 2 not giving,
  6. HOW TO CHANGE KEYBOARD SHIFT 2