Windows 10: How to change my laptop Startup password

Discus and support How to change my laptop Startup password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change my laptop login password. I know the current one but would like to change it as I have had it a long time. I keep being asked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by colcol69, Aug 28, 2019.

1. colcol69 Win User

How to change my laptop Startup password

I would like to change my laptop login password. I know the current one but would like to change it as I have had it a long time. I keep being asked for a start up disk. I do not have one.

:)

colcol69, Aug 28, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change my laptop Startup password - Similar Threads - change laptop Startup

2. how to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***<phone number removed>* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-password/7b0cb4ec-aa71-4114-87bb-eba9ea40280a
  3. laptop keeps wanting to authenticate at startup and then forces a password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop keeps wanting to authenticate at startup and then forces a password change: Hi allI am hoping you can help me as I am being driven crazy by my laptop. Over the last month or so, all of a sudden my laptop has started intermittently 23 feb, 24 feb, 15 march forcing me to authenticate as part of the startup, and then after I have authenticated it forces...
  4. laptop keeps wanting to authenticate at startup and then forces a password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop keeps wanting to authenticate at startup and then forces a password change: Hi allI am hoping you can help me as I am being driven crazy by my laptop. Over the last month or so, all of a sudden my laptop has started intermittently 23 feb, 24 feb, 15 march forcing me to authenticate as part of the startup, and then after I have authenticated it forces...
  5. laptop keeps wanting to authenticate at startup and then forces a password change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...: I forgot my password and i can have logged into my microsoft linked account but i’m not sure how to change the password for my laptop. Whenever I do change the password it changes my microsoft one. How do I change the dam laptop one. Please Help* Moved from Research* Original...
  7. Startup password change

Startup password change: Overnight my laptop either went into sleep mode or restarted and my startup PIN was changed to a password. I tried to reset password but a window pops up statung “No Drive” and needs a removble media to proceed. How do I fix this issue? The background of my startup was...
  8. Windows startup password change

Windows startup password change: I have a laptop and have been using my startup password for may years. I recently changed the password to demonstrate how a password could be changed except now when I attempt to go back to my original password I get an "old password" type message and forces me to select a...
  9. I lost my laptop startup password

I lost my laptop startup password: Dear sir, when i start my laptop then input password but error is your password is incorrect so how can i reset or forget my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-laptop-startup-password/b207b9dd-e79d-4ec5-8bed-dff49ca96e2c"
  10. how to reset/change laptop password

how to reset/change laptop password: what steps are needed for changing/resetting my laptop password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resetchange-laptop-password/4f079234-8dd2-4d2a-b9e8-74c417527407"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows lock password

2. change lock screen password windows 10