Windows 10: How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to change my school account to a Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, When I built my computer and started up my Windows 10 a couple of years ago, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft or School account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BNWR, Sep 11, 2020.

1. BNWR Win User

How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

Hello all,

When I built my computer and started up my Windows 10 a couple of years ago, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft or School account. I decided to sign in with my School account. I have now graduated and I have concerns that the email address I used would be deactivated and permissions will be removed. I have since made two other accounts: one using a personal Microsoft account and another using a local account. I would like to move everything from this old school account to preferably my local account or less preferable my personal Microsoft account. When I say everything I don't mean just documents or pictures I mean all settings, files, and programs. Is this possible? If not, can I change my school account email with another Microsoft account, but keep everything else the same?

:)

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

1. How to change my school account to a Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - change school account

2. Removing school account on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing school account on Microsoft: Hi, so I have tried removing one of my school accounts through the settings app, and the school account that I want to remove isn't even there. When I go to settings and search "access work or school" only my current school account shows up. I am a transfer student and so I...
  3. How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.: How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-the-local-account-to-microsoft-work/1dd16636-c732-4112-a945-76753addce9d
  4. How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.: How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-the-local-account-to-microsoft-work/1dd16636-c732-4112-a945-76753addce9d
  5. How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account: This account doesn't have admin privileges.I was given this school account to use applications for my schooling, and it has now been revoked.I wish to remove this account but I'm unable to sign in since it no longer exists This username may be incorrect. Make sure that you...
  6. How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account: This account doesn't have admin privileges.I was given this school account to use applications for my schooling, and it has now been revoked.I wish to remove this account but I'm unable to sign in since it no longer exists This username may be incorrect. Make sure that you...
  7. How do I change my primary account to a school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my primary account to a school account?: I'm trying to access Minecraft: Education Edition but it shows this:Is there any way to change it?Thanks,Alex. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-primary-account-to-a-school/8a02896a-3066-465e-83c7-1823037e8ba9
  8. School account changing policies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    School account changing policies: During online learning, I downloaded MS Teams and used my email from our organization. This added a Microsoft account to my device. I believe that this account changed some policies like login with fingerprint (sorted) and it limits my access to Windows Defender settings...
  9. How to change account to Microsoft account?

How to change account to Microsoft account?: So recently got my laptop repaired and it had to be reset. The guy who repaired it set up a fake account in order to see if it works. All my backed up files are on that account... How do I get my microsoft account on my laptop with all my files? Setting up a local account...
  10. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...