Windows 10: How to change name of file in File Explorer

Discus and support How to change name of file in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change a file name in File Explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarvinLackey, Mar 10, 2019.

1. How to change name of file in File Explorer

How do I change a file name in File Explorer?

:)

MarvinLackey, Mar 10, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Change the text color of file or folder names when viewed in file explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

There no option to change the text color of the file or folder names in file explorer.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience.

Thank You.

Arun B J, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How to change name of file in File Explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

How to change name of file in File Explorer

1. How to change name of file in File Explorer - Similar Threads - change name file

2. How to change the account user name on file for my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the account user name on file for my File Explorer: My File Explorer is changed to an account that isn't mine and am currently unable to find where do I change it back to mine. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-account-user-name-on-file-for-my/c57b66e1-2fe6-4054-9a51-dc9d8a96ef98
  3. How to change the account user name on file for my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the account user name on file for my File Explorer: My File Explorer is changed to an account that isn't mine and am currently unable to find where do I change it back to mine. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-account-user-name-on-file-for-my/c57b66e1-2fe6-4054-9a51-dc9d8a96ef98
  4. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  5. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  6. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  7. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  8. How to change name in file directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change name in file directory: Hello, I've changed my name in my Microsoft account and computer settings, but some places such as my file paths still display my old name C:\Users\[oldname]; is there any way to change this or is this particular area not possible to change unless I reset the computer? I'm on...
  9. Change user name in file explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name in file explorer: New computer. Hastily set it up two days ago and have found that in file explorer there is a user named "Bogey" that appears to be the main user along with all of the associated files, and I have no clue how it happened that way. However, my first name, as administrator, is...
  10. Name in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Name in File Explorer: Since doing a clean install, my name in File Explorer/Users has changed. It is neither my first nor second name, just the first 5 letters/numbers of my Microsoft login name. It used to show my surname in Windows 7. Is is it possible to change it, please? 24628

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change file name in file explorer

2. get help with file explorer in windows 10

3. get help with file explorer in windows 10 rename user

4. file explorer file name changes,
  5. HOW TO CHANGE NAME IN FILE EXPLORE,
  6. change name in file explorer registry,
  7. hot to change name in file explorer