Windows 10: How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers

Discus and support How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am sorry if the title doesn't reflect what I am gonna be asking next: So, I have all these music by TWO artists, I want it on an USB stick, but, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by {[Robert]}, Jun 3, 2019.

1. How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers

I am sorry if the title doesn't reflect what I am gonna be asking next:

So, I have all these music by TWO artists, I want it on an USB stick, but, I don't really want to have anything to do with the device I am using it on, so I would like to have it like: ONE song from artist A then ONE song from artist B and so on.. !

I was wondering if there is any possible way to select like 100 songs from artist A, name them " 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 .... ETC " you get the idea, then 100 songs from artist B and name them " 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 .... ETC " so when I play them it will be like " Artist A, Artist B, Artist A, Artist B ", etc.

I hope you know what I mean, english is not my first language so I may have a hard time expressing what I really want, thank you in advance!

Robert.

:)

{[Robert]}, Jun 3, 2019
  2. red268 Win User

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Jun 3, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jun 3, 2019
  4. babdi Win User

How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers

Setting Contacts to Show Name and Number N73

Suppose you have 2 numbers for a contact you can set one as default. Maybe that should work.Normally people forget to change the settings while doing synchronisation. There is an option

where the system asks for resolution conflict as to whether it should pick up phone or PC. Usually contacts are stored in SIM

on earlier phones. Some of the phone do not have storing multiple numbers for the same contact. So while copying these are copied as seperate numbers and when you open the contact list it show as

and "name" and "name1"

babdi, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers

1. How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers - Similar Threads - change name multiple

2. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  3. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  4. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?: Lets say I have 10 photos named randomly. I want to give them a uniform name, like "PHOTO_BW01"When I would want to rename multiple files by RIGHT-CLICK on the first oneSHIFT + RIGHT-CLICK on the last oneRename File as "PHOTO_BW" The output is "PHOTO_BW 1" ; "PHOTO_BW 2";...
  6. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?: Lets say I have 10 photos named randomly. I want to give them a uniform name, like "PHOTO_BW01"When I would want to rename multiple files by RIGHT-CLICK on the first oneSHIFT + RIGHT-CLICK on the last oneRename File as "PHOTO_BW" The output is "PHOTO_BW 1" ; "PHOTO_BW 2";...
  7. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Rename multiple files to same name + number

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename multiple files to same name + number: Hello, I have a folder with a lot of files of the same type. I want to rename them all to something like name1, name2, name3, and order by date (so that name1 is the oldest) Is there a way to do it? *I don't want to use the select all and then rename option because it...
  9. Shortcut for changing multiple file names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut for changing multiple file names: Is there anyway to highlight multiple files and edit their names without having to individually right click and rename each file? Edit: or even just a quicker way to rename a single file like a key combination submitted by /u/DankDoobies420 [link] [comments]...
  10. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?: Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018". I want to find that file but I only remember that the file contains 1018 in its name. So I'm typing 1018 in the search box of the folder. Problem is Windows 10 finds nothing. The only...