Windows 10: HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10

Discus and support HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Used my partner's computer to sign into Word Pad, this changed the name on my computer at the welcome screen, and also in my Microsoft account. Have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lynette78, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Lynette78 Win User

HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10

Used my partner's computer to sign into Word Pad, this changed the name on my computer at the welcome screen, and also in my Microsoft account. Have fixed the name in my Microsoft Account, BUT HIS NAME STILL ON WELCOME SCREEN. Love him dearly would really like to have my own name appear under my photo. Neither of us are at all technical, can community please assist.

:)

Lynette78, Sep 25, 2019

2. Changing the name on the WELCOME screen at startup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern we will assist you with it.

I would suggest you to login in Microsoft account to change the name on welcome screen. In order to change the name refer the step given in below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-name-on-your-microsoft-account

(also applies to windows 10)

Note: After performing the steps I suggest you to restart the system in order to change the name on welcome screen.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Changing the name on the WELCOME screen at startup in Windows 10

I have followed your link but it still will not change the name. So if anyone can help please send us in the right direction. Remember it is for Windows 10.

David and Janet 1, Sep 25, 2019
  4. HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10

1. HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - CHANGE NAME WELCOME

2. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change name on welcome screen?: My name on the welcome screen is User. I do not know how to change it! Does anyone know? I have already tried to edit my name and have changed it multiple times to see if that was it and it wasn't. Please help!...
  3. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change name on welcome screen?: My name on the welcome screen is User. I do not know how to change it! Does anyone know? I have already tried to edit my name and have changed it multiple times to see if that was it and it wasn't. Please help!...
  4. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043: The Welcome Screen name changed to something bizarre. Not sure how it happened. All of the info I have found so far tells me to edit the screen name in Control Panel->User Accounts->User Accounts->select account->Change Name, however "Change Name" is not an option in that...
  6. Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043: The Welcome Screen name changed to something bizarre. Not sure how it happened. All of the info I have found so far tells me to edit the screen name in Control Panel->User Accounts->User Accounts->select account->Change Name, however "Change Name" is not an option in that...
  7. How to change my Welcome Screen name, Windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change my Welcome Screen name, Windows 10 laptop.: I need to change my welcome screen name, I have found the same method many times which is not helpful to me. "Go to Control Panel, User accounts, Change your account name- type in new name - press change name." So I go to Control Panel - User accounts, from here there is...
  8. How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10: I've been trying to change what I thought was my lock screen and I even have it set as such: [ATTACH] However, when I turn my computer on, I always have this (or sometimes is the lake/mountains scene): [IMG] The roses picture shown on my lock screen settings is what I...
  9. How to change "Welcome"-screen?

How to change "Welcome"-screen?: Greetings. I know how to change the lock-screen, and the background-screen. But how do I change the "Welcome"-screen? It is the screen showing "Welcome" after you have typed the password to log into windows. I want another look that suits my colorscheme better, but I can't...
  10. How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary

How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary: I have looked at many threads here and other places. I don't seem to find the solution. There are 4 places a photo can be displayed as the background. 1) At start up - a photo comes up (it is a MS photo - not one of mine). This ONLY happens at a cold start 2) There is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change name on welcome screen

2. change name on welcome screen windows 10

3. change name on welcome window

4. how to change the name in the welcome,
  5. change name on windows 10 welcome,
  6. change welcome name win 10,
  7. welcome screen change name,
  8. change welcome screen name,
  9. welcome screen name change windows 10,
  10. how to change windows 10 welcome name,
  11. how to change name on welcome screen