Windows 10: How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11

Discus and support How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to change the Network profile type in Windows 11, here is how you can do that using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 9, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11

How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11 change-network-profile-type-windows-11-3.jpg
    If you want to change the Network profile type in Windows 11, here is how you can do that using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and Windows PowerShell. There are three network types, and you can switch from one to another using these tutorials. There are mainly two Network profile types if you are a regular […]

This article How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 9, 2021

2. Change network profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below steps to change a Private network to Public, and check if it helps.

• Click on the Network icon on the notification area, click
      Open Network Setting
    • Double Click on network location.
    • Turn “on”, Find devices and content.
    • Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Network Profile Windows 10

This did not work. the "Get" part worked and showed up with the status, but step 3 just showed a bunch of red text... Could you put a step by step screenshot set to show how it SHOULD be?

ArcanaInfinum, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Stud_1946 Win User

Network Profile Windows 10

This answer found on a different page here worked for me

How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    Giridhar
    J
    replied on

• Microsoft

Accomplishments

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Stud_1946, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - change Network Profile

2. Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type: I've seen a few other threads on this but struggling for an answerI have used Regedit to manually set the type to Private I have used Local Security Policy to set the network to Private Whatever I do: Settings/Network&Internet/Network always shows public The PC behaves as...
  3. Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type: I've seen a few other threads on this but struggling for an answerI have used Regedit to manually set the type to Private I have used Local Security Policy to set the network to Private Whatever I do: Settings/Network&Internet/Network always shows public The PC behaves as...
  4. How to change File Type on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change File Type on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to change the file type extension on Windows 11/10. Every file on our PC has a file type. For audio files, it might be MP3, for documents it might be Docx or pdf, for videos it might be mp4, Mkv, etc. Each category of file type has...
  5. How to change NAT type in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change NAT type in windows 11?: In windows 10 there used to be FIX IT button which could easily fix the NAT type. Is there any similar button in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-nat-type-in-windows-11/d87a7c9f-d4f4-4325-a412-32e95b8564aa
  6. How to change NAT type in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change NAT type in windows 11?: In windows 10 there used to be FIX IT button which could easily fix the NAT type. Is there any similar button in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-nat-type-in-windows-11/d87a7c9f-d4f4-4325-a412-32e95b8564aa
  7. Wireless network profile changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network profile changes: I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my...
  8. Change network type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change network type: I recently setup my new laptop with a public network in error. How do I change it to a Home network? Do I need to disable the public one. How do I create a new network that is secure?...
  9. changing network profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing network profile: I want to change my network profile from public to private but I see no way to do this. Is there a way to change it and how is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-profile/265180f8-d7e2-4bcd-a802-1efdc6ea0d66"
  10. Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10 How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 The first time that you connect to a network, Windows automatically creates a network profile and stores it on your computer. Your computer can then automatically...