Windows 10: How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses

Discus and support How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to change the number format in Windows 10. I read the following pages below from answers to other posts but they are not helpful.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jetorres2, Sep 19, 2020.

1. jetorres2 Win User

How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses

Hello. I would like to change the number format in Windows 10. I read the following pages below from answers to other posts but they are not helpful. The number format setting is not with Time & Date anymore. I cannot use the normal 'currency' or 'accounting' format in excel to display negative numbers in parentheses. Yes, I can use the 'custom' format, but I need to enter a certain template all the time if I am changing from one currency to another. Thanks a lot!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...ce7-92db-cc9eebc5ffa0?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ta-types-edf41006-f6e2-4360-bc1b-30e9e8a54989

:)

jetorres2, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Tong MAL Win User

Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting

Would like to know the usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting. A user change this to "()" and some program crash.

There is another setting 'Negative number format' which make the setting more ambiguous.

Tong MAL, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Martin486 Win User
    Excel default number formatting not follow Windows 10 Region settings

Dear All,

I use Office 365 on Windows 10 1809. I would like to show negative number in Excel with parentheses by following article below,

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...in-Excel-682A1CC5-701A-4CE7-92DB-CC9EEBC5FFA0

This used to work in an older combination of Windows+Office. But now, only date/time format in Excel is influenced by Control Panel settings. Does anyone have a fix/workaround?

Rgds.

Martin

Martin486, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, the Currency format is set as English numbers. However, you can change the Currency format to Arabic numbers using the drop downs. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Region.
    4. Click on Additional settings and click on
      Currency tab.
    5. Now, click on the drop down for Positive currency format and change it as per your requirement. Follow the same for
      Negative currency format.
    6. Once done, click on OK(Twice).

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses - Similar Threads - change number format

2. what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...: In previous versions I had the option of using for negative numbers and also to use a period for date separator eg 15.12.23In the settings for my region New Zealand I do not have these options so presume I will need to use another region which will have these options BUT.......
  3. what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...: In previous versions I had the option of using for negative numbers and also to use a period for date separator eg 15.12.23In the settings for my region New Zealand I do not have these options so presume I will need to use another region which will have these options BUT.......
  4. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    negative number on viruses found with windows defender: recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message negative number...
  5. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    negative number on viruses found with windows defender: recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message negative number...
  6. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

7. Number format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number format: When needs to change number format to context in windows 10 , it doesn't appear in control panel > region > format > additional setting ? where can I fined it ? do I have a problem with windows installation or set up?...
  8. Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.

Number in parentheses besides the apps in Task Manager.: What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean? One answer i read for this on internet was telling that it is the number of components used by that particular app. But I didn't get what is meant by components.Can anyone explain??...
  9. Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting

Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting: Would like to know the usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting. A user change this to "" and some program crash. There is another setting 'Negative number format' which make the setting more ambiguous....
  10. How to change number on windows startup news feed from Native (Thai number format) to...

How to change number on windows startup news feed from Native (Thai number format) to...: How to change number on windows startup news feed from Native (Thai number format) to Arabic number format (Ex. 12345) [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-number-on-windows-startup-news-feed/703e80e4-28f6-456e-8dc0-a02468a3447f