Windows 10: how to change or remove pin

Discus and support how to change or remove pin in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to change or remove a pin number on a laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by robwellons, Dec 6, 2018.

1. how to change or remove pin

how to change or remove a pin number on a laptop

:)

robwellons, Dec 6, 2018

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018
  4. JayPhi Win User

how to change or remove pin

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

how to change or remove pin

1. how to change or remove pin - Similar Threads - change remove pin

2. Windows 10 PIN removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN removal: Like many of the other unanswered questions around here... I asking anew in the hopes of a renewed effort to fix this. I have 200+ domain joined devices on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit that are currently using a PIN. I did not expect so many people to have issues with also...
  3. How to remove annoying pin prompt without actually using a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove annoying pin prompt without actually using a pin: Every time I sign into my PC it asks me to set up a pin and this is what it says "want to sign in faster and more securely? Enter your password to set up Windows Hello." I would not like to use a pin, how can I not use a pin and stop getting this annoying pop up? Also, it...
  4. how to remove volume change sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove volume change sound: its rather annoying, how do you remove the sound that is heard when you increase or decrease the volume. its like a squeeky beep sound when changing the volume and there seems to be no options under Sound or more sound settings...
  5. Remove "Pin to Start"

Remove "Pin to Start": I always accidentally click "Pin to Start" when I want to empty the recycle bin, by right-clicking the recycle bin on the desktop. Is there a way to remove it, or place it somewhere else in the context menu?...
  6. How I change my Pin

How I change my Pin: I need to change or configure a new PINI'm using Windows Home 10 Version 1803 - Internet Explorer Browser -HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-my-pin/00381222-a5c7-445d-b3cb-1ccfdcb5379f
  7. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...
  8. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...
  9. How to remove PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove PIN: Just installed W10. How do I fix it so when I turn computer on, I don't have to enter a PIN number? 106707
  10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...