Windows 10: How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]By default, your personal Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos folder are located in your account’s %UserProfile% location –... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 23, 2020

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Aug 4, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How to get back default icons?

Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore - Windows 7 Help Forums

Try downloading the zip file provided there. You can follow the instruction to remove the little folder on your shortcuts, but then of course you won't know what icons are shortcuts, and which are real files. The part you probably want, is the reg file to restore the default arrow, apply that, and it should change them back to the regular arrows.

Now, as for the folder icon:
    Right-Click the Folder > Properties > Go to Customize Tab > Click the Restore Default Button > Finally, Click the Apply Button...

Unfortunately, you will have to do this with every folder, I don't know of a way to do it to all folders at once.

newtekie1, Aug 4, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change restore default

2. Default folder icons in Windows 11 - how to change them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder icons in Windows 11 - how to change them: I would very much like to change the color / look of the Windows 11 default icons for folders/directories without breaking any other functionality.I'm tech savvy and a designer sounds unbelievable to most developers, I know... and looking at...
  3. Default folder icons in Windows 11 - how to change them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default folder icons in Windows 11 - how to change them: I would very much like to change the color / look of the Windows 11 default icons for folders/directories without breaking any other functionality.I'm tech savvy and a designer sounds unbelievable to most developers, I know... and looking at...
  4. Change default folder icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default folder icon: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to change the icon of the yellow folder in explorer not only for one as you showed but for all the yellow folders in one action. thank you 169110
  5. windows 10 settings icons changed automatically, how to restore to default

windows 10 settings icons changed automatically, how to restore to default: [ATTACH]My windows 10 home settings icons has been changed automatically, is there any way to reset it to default icon, this so fancy type i liked the default classy look...
  6. Change folder icons by default?

Change folder icons by default?: Hello i have a server and i use because i have so many folders i have icons for the folders but when i access them on another pc there are only empty folders and i have to set them again i can save the icons https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ordner-icons-standardmaessig-aendern
  7. My desktop icons and layout changed, how to restore to default????"?

My desktop icons and layout changed, how to restore to default????"?: recently, my desktop layout suddenly changed. I've tried to change things in the registry editor, but it only thing worst. I've also looked on tutorials and articles about how to restore my desktop settings to the default. All of them were outdated because of windows...
  8. Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?

Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?: Hello, please help me figure this out, I would like to change default folder icon, but don't know how. I think it can be done with regedit, but I need a little help to navigate where and what to change, please help *Smile This icon appears when you open any folder....
  10. Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows By default, your personal Documents folder is located in your account's %UserProfile% (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") folder. This tutorial will show you how...