Windows 10: How to change order of users on Windows logon screen

Discus and support How to change order of users on Windows logon screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have three users (all with local accounts) on my PC and some time ago I disabled the auto-login using the process described here: Solved Help with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OpenWindows, Mar 15, 2016.

1. How to change order of users on Windows logon screen

I have three users (all with local accounts) on my PC and some time ago I disabled the auto-login using the process described here:
    Solved Help with multiple users login screen!

This worked perfectly as the users appeared in alphabetical order as follows:
    UserA (with the user picture in the centre of the screen)
    UserB
    UserC

Recently, the order has changed to (I don't know why!):
    UserB (with the user picture in the centre of the screen)
    UserA
    UserC

I would like to change the order back to how it was originally, as UserA is the primary user of this computer. UserA currently has to click on 'UserA' and then 'Sign In' rather than just 'Sign In'

Note: UserB is the only account that is password protected.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Many thanks

:)

OpenWindows, Mar 15, 2016
  2. bigburn2 Win User

different logon screen for different users windows 10

I have windows 10 with two users with one user the logon screen (the screen displaying user name and asks for password) one user has a static screen so that every time you logon you get the same screen the other changes every time I logon. How can I change
    it sp that both have different images when ever I logon ?

bigburn2, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Change windows 10 system logon screen background?

For the past few hours I've been searching for how to change the background for the system logon screen in windows 10. By default, it's the "hero" background.

In windows 7, you could add a registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background in order to change the background of the logon screen, but that does not work
    in windows 10.

I have also found advice directing me to What's With Tech? however many users have commented that using this utility requires a reimage of their system because
    it damages the EFI partition in some way.

I would like to be able to change the background of the system logon screen from the "hero" background to an image of my choice, ideally
    without using an external utility, especially one which has the potential to damage the bootloader of my system.

therealbobross, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

How to change order of users on Windows logon screen

1. How to change order of users on Windows logon screen - Similar Threads - change order users

2. How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10: Dear Microsoft, My default login user was disabled so I can't login to my laptop anymore. I have built-in Administrator enabled, but I have no idea how to change my default user sign-in at logon screen. There is only show the password entry field and no switch user options...
  3. Change logon screen user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change logon screen user name: My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of...
  4. Other User on logon screen

Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  5. Shortcut to change user on logon screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to change user on logon screen?: Is there a keyboard shortcut to change from an user to another on the logon screen? submitted by /u/filmol [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6scf4/shortcut_to_change_user_on_logon_screen/
  6. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?: Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture) [ATTACH] Thanks, Harry...
  7. Change log in user order

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change log in user order: I just gave my wife my old laptop, she has an account on this machine. The problem is when you boot up it logs into my account first. I want to change the login order so it logs into her account first. How do you do this without deleting my account. My account is set up to...
  8. Change log in user order

in Windows 10 Support
    Change log in user order: I just gave my wife my old laptop, she has an account on this machine. The problem is when you boot up it logs into my account first. I want to change the login order so it logs into her account first. How do you do this without deleting my account. My account is set up to...
  9. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  10. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. order of users on windows logon screen