Windows 10: How to change password for remote desktop assistant ONLY

Discus and support How to change password for remote desktop assistant ONLY in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If i try changing the password for microsoft windows assistant, it asks me to change my windows password, i dont wanna set any password because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ProboticWarrior, Jun 17, 2020.

1. How to change password for remote desktop assistant ONLY

If i try changing the password for microsoft windows assistant, it asks me to change my windows password, i dont wanna set any password because my desktop is basically at home and i live alone so i dont wanna bother typing a password every time i login just to use a remote desktop, any way to change the password for it alone?

:)

ProboticWarrior, Jun 17, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 18, 2020
  3. DarlaLake Win User
    changing remote desktop password

Hello,

I am trying to change my password for the remote desktop. When I click connect and put in the initial password a box comes up and indicates that I need to change my password before the desktop opens. My question is where do I change the password?

DarlaLake, Jun 18, 2020
  4. How to change password for remote desktop assistant ONLY

MilagrosM2020, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

How to change password for remote desktop assistant ONLY

1. How to change password for remote desktop assistant ONLY - Similar Threads - change password remote

2. Remote Desktop - Wrong Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop - Wrong Password: "The logon attempt failed" is what it says. What gives? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-wrong-password/fa9b59b6-c0ed-41ab-98d7-0f3a26aa9d69
  3. Remote Desktop - Wrong Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop - Wrong Password: "The logon attempt failed" is what it says. What gives? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-wrong-password/fa9b59b6-c0ed-41ab-98d7-0f3a26aa9d69
  4. Cannot Log Into Remote Desktop Since Password Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Log Into Remote Desktop Since Password Change: Hello,A few months ago I changed my Microsoft password, however since then I have been unable to connect to remote desktop. I have read over several forums and have attempted some fixes but to no avail....
  5. What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop?: Microsoft offers 4 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. Yes four. So what's the difference between them? I'm using Windows 10 20H2...
  6. Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?: What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop? Microsoft offers 3 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 179501
  7. Microsoft password change does not sync to remote desktops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft password change does not sync to remote desktops: When I change my Microsoft password it takes effect immediately on my local desktop, however I can still log in using remote desktop to other PCs using my old password. I have seen posts about remotely running cmd as a local admin user but a this does not solve the problem...
  8. Remote assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote assistance: My pc was suffering from continuous incomplete updates. I contacted Microsoft and a technician tried to assist remotely on my pc. Whilst trying to solve the issues she uninstalled the wifi driver so I now have no internet connection. The wifi was infact working perfectly...
  9. remote assistance

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote assistance: What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49
  10. Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password: So I have multiple devices on the same microsoft account. Because of the location of my media server, I usually log in to it via Remote Desktop from my main PC. Since changing the password on my microsoft account, and going through the 5 devices that use the same account...