Windows 10: HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY

Discus and support HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I attempt to change my password to get onto my computer the page asks me to enter a password that I now use but it does not recognize it. It want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HerbertMordkoff, Feb 25, 2019.

1. HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY

when I attempt to change my password to get onto my computer the page asks me to enter a password that I now use but it does not recognize it. It want me to type in my email password which is different from my log in password when I turn my computer on. How can I change my log on password only?

:)

HerbertMordkoff, Feb 25, 2019

2. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Feb 25, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 25, 2019
  4. OKCarl Win User

HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY

How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me my email password is the same as my log on / sign in password) Suggestions? Advice?

OKCarl, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY

1. HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY - Similar Threads - CHANGE PASSWORD COMPUTER

2. How to change my log in password back to 4-digits

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change my log in password back to 4-digits: Recently any time I log in to my laptop it tells me "this organization requires you to change your password". It tries to make me enter a 6-digit code. I tried to disable my college account from my laptop but it still makes me change it. I don't want to have to remember a new...
  3. How to change my log in password back to 4-digits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my log in password back to 4-digits: Recently any time I log in to my laptop it tells me "this organization requires you to change your password". It tries to make me enter a 6-digit code. I tried to disable my college account from my laptop but it still makes me change it. I don't want to have to remember a new...
  4. How to change my log in password back to 4-digits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account: Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account...
  6. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account: Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account...
  7. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why has my password to log onto my computer been changed?

Why has my password to log onto my computer been changed?: I had a specific password to log onto my computer and only my computer and now it has been changed and I can only access it by using my email address and password and I want it changed back for security purposes....
  9. Password to log into Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password to log into Computer: I had to clean one of my laptops to give to my daughter in law and it re-installed Win 10, Ver 1803. I had to set-up the new 3 questions to secure microsoft protection. When I tried the new password that I had set up with microsoft, it would not work. It asked me for a...
  10. How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?: I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change password this computer only

2. how to log on to my como puter

3. change password on this computer only

4. how to change password to log in computer