Windows 10: how to change password to start pc

Discus and support how to change password to start pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I change password to start pc? Can only find how to change Microsoft Account Password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlondieFlorida, May 19, 2019.

1. how to change password to start pc

how do I change password to start pc? Can only find how to change Microsoft Account Password.

:)

BlondieFlorida, May 19, 2019

2. Changing PC Password Logon

Hi, Mary.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if you can change the password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft Account, click on the Start Menu, and then click on Settings.
    • Select Security and Privacy, select Change Password.
    • Enter the new password you want and Save Changes.

Also refer to the links below for more information.

Link 1: How do I change my password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

Link 2: Reset Password.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 19, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, May 19, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

how to change password to start pc

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 19, 2019
Thema:

how to change password to start pc

1. how to change password to start pc - Similar Threads - change password start

2. How to change PC password in automatic repair loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change PC password in automatic repair loop?: My PC is stuck in an "automatic repair loop", and my password isn't working and I have no way of changing it to utilize the advanced options. I can access safe mode with my pin, but the sign-in options aren't working, and cmd run as administrator doesn't have authorization...
  3. How to change PC password in automatic repair loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change PC password in automatic repair loop?: My PC is stuck in an "automatic repair loop", and my password isn't working and I have no way of changing it to utilize the advanced options. I can access safe mode with my pin, but the sign-in options aren't working, and cmd run as administrator doesn't have authorization...
  4. How to change PC password in automatic repair loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to change lockscreen password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change lockscreen password: how to change lockscreen password in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lockscreen-password/63d4a656-d025-46c0-b894-24d7c8bfe58f
  6. PC Password in Start up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Password in Start up: So, someone near me passed away and the person who was given certain belongings of his obtained this computer, my boyfriend in turn got it from her and gave it to me, at least two years ago. So the computer was empty except for the administrator name and password, which I do...
  7. How to remove password when starting up pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove password when starting up pc?: So I want when I start up my pc that I don't have to write my full password. How do I do this? A pincode is also okay submitted by /u/Danny_Despacito69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqgk9y/how_to_remove_password_when_starting_up_pc/
  8. How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.: I have a laptop and desktop, both of which are associated by my Windows @live account. I want to change the password that I enter when first turning on the device or when awoken from sleep/lock-screen. The password for each device is different and I know its not the @live...
  9. 'Microsoft' Changed PC Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Microsoft' Changed PC Password: My brother is a smart guy, but gullible to the point of idiocy. He got a phone call a couple weeks ago. Caller ID said it was Microsoft, and he answered it. I know... stupid thing 1. The guy on the other end of the line said that his computer was running slow and needed a...
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...