Windows 10: how to change path to default drive for desktop

Discus and support how to change path to default drive for desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to change path to default drive for desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mitch P, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Mitch P Win User

how to change path to default drive for desktop

:)

Mitch P, Dec 26, 2019

2. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Dec 26, 2019
  4. how to change path to default drive for desktop

Change default drive: How do I change the default drive that my system will install programs on?

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

In order to change the default installation directory, please change the following in the registry.

• Press Windows key + X, type regedit and press Enter.
    • Locate the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    • Right click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value
      C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.
    • Click OK and Exit.

Windows, by default, will now install your programs in the new drive or path.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur
    if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back
    up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. how to change path to default drive for desktop - Similar Threads - change path default

2. How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?: Hi, I'd like to know how to change the default folder location to a different drive including the app and one drive folder , so that, whenever I create a user his profile will be saved in that particular path. Other folders can be relocated from location option but it's not a...
  3. How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?: Hi, I'd like to know how to change the default folder location to a different drive including the app and one drive folder , so that, whenever I create a user his profile will be saved in that particular path. Other folders can be relocated from location option but it's not a...
  4. How do I change the Windows 11 default drive for relative paths?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the Windows 11 default drive for relative paths?: I have a C: SSD for system and apps, and D: HD for data. I store most of my documents under D:\wk\, e.g., D:\wk\family, D:\wk\book, etc. I don't use mot of the special folders like Documents or Photos.When I open a file, I'd like to be able to type a relative path...
  5. How do I change the Windows 11 default drive for relative paths?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the Windows 11 default drive for relative paths?: I have a C: SSD for system and apps, and D: HD for data. I store most of my documents under D:\wk\, e.g., D:\wk\family, D:\wk\book, etc. I don't use mot of the special folders like Documents or Photos.When I open a file, I'd like to be able to type a relative path...
  6. Default Path for any Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Path for any Desktop: HiI have Access Database for Multi Users, and User Export the report as PDF file, so I have to type the Default Desktop Path when the user export the file it will open his own desktop How can I type the Path?If somonth export the file I want Windows open the user desktop...
  7. How to change default drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change default drive?: I ever changed my Windows 10 PC Users folder from drive C to an external hard drive D for backup. When I run my Windows 10 pc, I must connect the external hard drive D; otherwise, there is no data in my PC desktop except for the Recycle Bin icon. How can I change back my...
  8. Change Default Installation Path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Path: Hey team, I've googled this and saw countless threads yet nothing has worked so far. Not even sure if it's possible at this point. I want to change the default installation path of downloaded programs from my C:\ to another D:\, rather than changing the path everytime I...
  9. Change default install path?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default install path?: i have 2 drives, 1 tiny SSD for the windows install (C), and one big drive for everything else (D). I want literally everything, always, on the big drive (D) yet whenever I install something it always defaults to the small windows ssd where I barely have any storage space to...
  10. How to change default path of folders to different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default path of folders to different drive: I have new Dell computer with a 256GB SSD C: drive and 2TB HDD D:Drive. The SSD drive will fill up quickly as it is default location for all downloads and everything else - My Documents, etc. I partitioned the D drive so that a User B has a storage section and I have one,...