Windows 10: How to change PC Name Permanently Can I do this ?

Discus and support How to change PC Name Permanently Can I do this ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to change PC Name Permanently Can I do this ? Hi Guys I uploaded a picture with my PC name showing so for 1 should i be concerned ? 2 i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoolm, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Hoolm Win User

How to change PC Name Permanently Can I do this ?

Hi Guys I uploaded a picture with my PC name showing so for 1 should i be concerned ? 2 i tried to rename the computer But i still see the old name in there like nothing changed

thank you

:)

Hoolm, Nov 28, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 28, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Nov 28, 2019
  4. How to change PC Name Permanently Can I do this ?

change pc name

Hi,

To change the computer name, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Type View advanced system
      settings
      and press Enter.
    • Go to Computer Name tab.
    • Click Change.
    • Enter the new name.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change PC Name Permanently Can I do this ? - Similar Threads - change Name Permanently

2. how can I change the support name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the support name.: how can I change the support name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-support-name/5f39feb7-b4a7-4253-8cdf-93e7a4c75da3
  3. how can I change the support name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I change the support name.: how can I change the support name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-support-name/5f39feb7-b4a7-4253-8cdf-93e7a4c75da3
  4. How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?: I have followed these steps to change my Bluetooth device names:Use the search feature and search for Control panel.Select View by: Category, then click Hardware and sound.Click Devices and Printers.Right-click the device you want to rename, then click Properties.Rename the...
  5. How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?: I have followed these steps to change my Bluetooth device names:Use the search feature and search for Control panel.Select View by: Category, then click Hardware and sound.Click Devices and Printers.Right-click the device you want to rename, then click Properties.Rename the...
  6. How can i change that user name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change that user name?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/paavozi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsduav/how_can_i_change_that_user_name/
  7. How can i change folders name to extension names?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change folders name to extension names?: So i have a folder with over 300 files which have the wrong names but in each folder there are .mod files which are the correct names, changing them 1 by 1 takes way too long, so is there a way to rename them to the correct name in a bulk? submitted by /u/MK_Madness...
  8. How can I change the user's name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the user's name?: How can I change the user's mane on my laptop? From the initial installation it simply inserted my email and I simply can't find the way to change the name what appears when I open my laptop....
  9. Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change: Windows 10 Timeline uses the MOBO name not the PC name!!How can I make WIndows 10 Timeline use the PC name? It seems stupid to use the motherboard name as many people will have no idea. [img] [img] *Huh 109861
  10. Can I change the name of a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the name of a PC: Hi I have four PCs on my home network, all show up as a number, I guess it is the digital identifier of the machine but it is difficult to remember which is which. Can I right click/rename the link that shows up so I know which PC I am working on? Appreciate any...