Windows 10: How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

Discus and support How to Change PDF file icon to another icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop running Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I downloaded the Lenovo User Guide for the S340. The icon for the user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertDenison1, Apr 1, 2020.

1. How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop running Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I downloaded the Lenovo User Guide for the S340. The icon for the user guide is PDF. I want to change this icon from PDF to Lenovo. I found the Lenovo icon in ico form and downloaded it to my computer. After removing the check mark from hidden files, I went to folder options, then my pc, found the user guide file with the pdf icon, clicked on it, when it opened I clicked on view, change icon, browsed back to downloaded icon and clicked on it. It appeared, so I clicked ok, then apply and ok again. But the icon Lenovo failed to replace the PDF icon. Can someone guide me?

:)

RobertDenison1, Apr 1, 2020

2. Appended icon in some files in Win7

Looks like this whole icon thing was some kind of explorer.exe bug ,the icon changed to a Diablo 3 icon , after another reboot, it changed back to the windows media "play" icon.

Nevermind ... I remember this bug elsewhere in another situation, happens sometimes when a lot of icons get randomly choosen instead of the correct one.

FIX: because of the permissions inherition when I had the files on my desktop this icon bug happen, when i moved them to the public D: drive, the permissions changed and the problem was fixed.

Win7 always has something to confuse the heck out of you.

RuskiSnajper, Apr 1, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

1. How to Change PDF file icon to another icon - Similar Threads - Change PDF file

2. Change PDF icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change PDF icon: Hello, I want to change my pdf icons from the app that I use to open it to another icon, can this be possible in windows 11?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pdf-icon/c2f97cf2-fedb-4673-88aa-94d313abc9ce
  3. Change PDF icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change PDF icon: Hello, I want to change my pdf icons from the app that I use to open it to another icon, can this be possible in windows 11?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pdf-icon/c2f97cf2-fedb-4673-88aa-94d313abc9ce
  4. PDF icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF icons: All my PDF icons turned into a white rectangles. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-icons/dcfef72b-be7c-4bc8-b8f5-f070e2e14225
  5. PDF icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF icons: All my PDF icons turned into a white rectangles. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-icons/dcfef72b-be7c-4bc8-b8f5-f070e2e14225
  6. PDF icons

7. PDF File Icon- Change Icon and Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF File Icon- Change Icon and Pin to Start: I have a PDF file on my desktop of the manual/ user guide of my laptop. How can i change the icon from the pdf icon to the manufacturer's icon which I have already downloaded and then how to pin this to my start menu? Thanks....
  8. Changing icon for one file extensions modifies it for another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing icon for one file extensions modifies it for another: I am running into some issues trying to change the .ico file associated with a particular file extension. At the moment 2 extensions Rmd and R share the same icon (shown below). [ATTACH] I launched FileTypesMan and here is the view for both R and Rmd extension [ATTACH]...
  9. Latest 10 update changed pdf icons to Edge PDF icons

in Browsers and Email
    Latest 10 update changed pdf icons to Edge PDF icons: [img] Whats the deal? How do I get back the adobe pdfs? Currently the pdfs open in the edge browser only. Very annoying. 31514
  10. PDF icons are all changed to Chrome browser icons.

PDF icons are all changed to Chrome browser icons.: All of my PDF files have had their icons changed to Chrome icons. The files no longer open with Acrobat Reader....they now open through the Chrome browser. I'm not sure what caused this. The only thing I can think of is that my girlfriend was on my computer renaming a PDF...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change adobe icon to the old icon