Windows 10: How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup

Discus and support How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just set up Personal Vault in One Drive. I did not see an option to use a pin. I currently enter my email address and receive a code to access. How... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MelW1, Jan 5, 2020.

1. MelW1 Win User

How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup

I just set up Personal Vault in One Drive. I did not see an option to use a pin. I currently enter my email address and receive a code to access. How can I change my verification method from email code to pin?

:)

MelW1, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Mike_884 Win User

How to change verification method for Personal Vault? (If at all possible)

On

Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault

I read

"

We guide you through setting up your Personal Vault with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email
    or SMS.

"

Vainly tried to find out more details about PIN-verification. How does it work?

Right now, I have to use a code sent to my secondary email address. As said, I don't know how it works, but would it be possible to change the verification method to PIN ? IF...IF ... that is easier, i.e. less fuss.

Note that my PC is -not- locked in any way: I have disabled that, which is being a different story.

Thanks.

Mike_884, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Taijiboy Win User
    How to change the One Drive Personal Vault PIN?

Hi TT,

I have just stumbled upon a way to change the PIN. After I opened the Personal Vault in my mobile, I click the pull down menu at the top and select Personal Vault Settings. There give me the Personal Vault PIN.

Thanks for your kind help!

Taijiboy, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Rivgil Win User

How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup

Can you get access to the OneDrive Personal Vault when offline?

Good question! Personal Vault is a protected area in OneDrive that you can only access with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email or SMS. Your locked
    files in Personal Vault have an extra layer of security, keeping them more secured in the event that someone gains access to your account or your device. Yes, even if it's offline it will still need to authenticate.

Rivgil, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup - Similar Threads - change Personal Vault

2. Personal vault setup error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal vault setup error: Hi,I recently changed computers and with this new computer I am unable to setup Personal Vault in OneDrive.Computer OS build 22621.1848 / OneDrive client version: 23.134.0627.0001It is a company computer and we have a hybrid cloud setup with on-prem + azure ad join. Disk C:...
  3. Personal vault setup error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal vault setup error: Hi,I recently changed computers and with this new computer I am unable to setup Personal Vault in OneDrive.Computer OS build 22621.1848 / OneDrive client version: 23.134.0627.0001It is a company computer and we have a hybrid cloud setup with on-prem + azure ad join. Disk C:...
  4. Change Delivery method of PIN for Personal Vault in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Delivery method of PIN for Personal Vault in One Drive: When I log in to my personal vault in One Drive, it is set to email me my PIN. How do I change this to have it send to my phone as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-delivery-method-of-pin-for-personal-vault/d097e227-b3f7-4e7b-94bc-e623baebd26d
  5. Change Delivery method of PIN for Personal Vault in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Delivery method of PIN for Personal Vault in One Drive: When I log in to my personal vault in One Drive, it is set to email me my PIN. How do I change this to have it send to my phone as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-delivery-method-of-pin-for-personal-vault/d097e227-b3f7-4e7b-94bc-e623baebd26d
  6. Change Delivery method of PIN for Personal Vault in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Personal Vault - verification email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Personal Vault - verification email address: Hi, How do I change the verification email address when accessing my Personal Vault please? At the moment I have the option to have a security code sent to either my mobile phone number or an old, now obsolete email address? This email address is not the normal one...
  8. Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?

Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?: Currently I am using a code sent to me by mail to unlock the Personal Vault. In fact, I need to unlock it twice. 1st: r-click on OneDrive icon in the taskbar and select Unlock Personal Vault code is being sent 2nd: r-click on OneDrive icon in the taskbar, select view...
  9. How to change verification method for Personal Vault? If at all possible

How to change verification method for Personal Vault? If at all possible: On Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault I read " We guide you through setting up your Personal Vault with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email or SMS. "...
  10. How to change the One Drive Personal Vault PIN?

How to change the One Drive Personal Vault PIN?: I just couldn't find any way to change the PIN of the Personal Vault in OneDrive. Not when logged into my Microsoft account on laptop nor in the OneDrive app on my mobile. I would like to change the PIN, so appreciate it if any guru could help me out here....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personal vault disable hello