Windows 10: How to change phone number on Microsoft account

Discus and support How to change phone number on Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to edit phone number on Microsoft account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by araclay, Aug 10, 2019.

1. araclay Win User

How to change phone number on Microsoft account

I need to edit phone number on Microsoft account

:)

araclay, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

Phone number is one of your security info, which is only used to verify your identity if you're accessing sensitive personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.
    To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• First, go to the
      Security basics
      page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select Update info.
    • Select Add security info. then follow the instructions to enter your email or phone number.
    • We'll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press
      Next. Your new security info will appear in you list.

Check this
    link
    for Security info & security codes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Aug 10, 2019
  4. How to change phone number on Microsoft account

My Microsoft profile phone number

When I logged into Microsoft it asked whether to send a code to my email address or to my phone. The phone number is not my current phone. I have seen multiple postings asking the same question. "How do I change the phone number associated with my account",
    but I have yet to see an answer.

Can someone provide a straightforward list of steps to do this?

The category is wrong, but there was no category listed for Microsoft account

Thanks

farrut1922, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

How to change phone number on Microsoft account

1. How to change phone number on Microsoft account - Similar Threads - change phone number

2. how do I change phone number in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change phone number in Microsoft account: How do I change the phone number in my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/4964d2b0-4da4-401e-855c-cd3f50821ec8
  3. how do I change phone number in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change phone number in Microsoft account: How do I change the phone number in my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/4964d2b0-4da4-401e-855c-cd3f50821ec8
  4. Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account: I'm using Microsoft Rewards and I reached enough points to redeem a gift card which is the Roblox one. And it came up normally until it ask me to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I put in my phone number, hit Send code, and wait for the code to arrive at my phone....
  5. Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account

Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account: I'm using Microsoft Rewards and I reached enough points to redeem a gift card which is the Roblox one. And it came up normally until it ask me to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I put in my phone number, hit Send code, and wait for the code to arrive at my phone....
  6. Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Change account phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account phone number: How do I change the account phone number? every response I’ve seen says to log in to security settings…BUT…that wants me to verify my account with a TEXT…I no longer have that phone…VERY FRUSTRATING...
  8. Change account phone number

Change account phone number: How do I change the account phone number? every response I’ve seen says to log in to security settings…BUT…that wants me to verify my account with a TEXT…I no longer have that phone…VERY FRUSTRATING...
  9. Want to change phone number in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to change phone number in Microsoft account: I want to replace my phone number in Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/1b9c7baf-ade0-4104-a0ab-e7290d9a94cd
  10. How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?: Help me to change the phone number in Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-phone-number-in-microsoft/65a2affa-6350-4435-afb8-c3e88352ddae

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change phone number on microsoft account

2. change microsoft phone number

3. microsoft account change phone number

4. change my phone number on my microsoft account,
  5. change fone number on microsoft account,
  6. change microsoft account mobile number,
  7. change phone number linked to microsoft account,
  8. microsoft account cant change phone number