Windows 10: How to change pin

Discus and support How to change pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got Forza Horizon 4 for Christmas. I created a Microsoft account on this computer to download it. When the game was unable to run on this computer, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by INSERTOGNAMEHERE, Dec 27, 2019.

1. How to change pin

I got Forza Horizon 4 for Christmas. I created a Microsoft account on this computer to download it. When the game was unable to run on this computer, I wanted to download it on another computer on which it might work. However, I could not sign in in Microsoft Store on that computer because Microsoft said I needed to sign in to Windows Hello using a pin. I had never created a pin. I want to change my pin but can't because I need to input my old pin, which I never made and thus I don't know what it is.

:)

INSERTOGNAMEHERE, Dec 27, 2019

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 27, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

How to change pin

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How to change pin

1. How to change pin - Similar Threads - change pin

2. I can't change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't change my PIN: Hello,I have a computer running on Windows 10.To unlock my computer, I can either use my fingerprint or a PIN code. I am being told quite often that this PIN code needs to change according to my organization requirements. But this is my personal PC so I don't want to follow...
  3. I can't change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my PIN: Hello,I have a computer running on Windows 10.To unlock my computer, I can either use my fingerprint or a PIN code. I am being told quite often that this PIN code needs to change according to my organization requirements. But this is my personal PC so I don't want to follow...
  4. I can't change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  6. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  7. Pin changed overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin changed overnight: I turned my computer on and my regular pin wouldn't unlock it. In fact the check for whether the pin was correct or not wouldn't even run at 4 characters, it would force me to hit enter. I logged in from my Microsoft account and changed the pin back.Perhaps unrelated, but...
  8. Pin changed overnight

Pin changed overnight: I turned my computer on and my regular pin wouldn't unlock it. In fact the check for whether the pin was correct or not wouldn't even run at 4 characters, it would force me to hit enter. I logged in from my Microsoft account and changed the pin back.Perhaps unrelated, but...
  9. Pin changed overnight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8