Windows 10: How to Change Portable windows work station to internal?

Discus and support How to Change Portable windows work station to internal? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently took my windows hard drive out of my computer to install a larger hard drive, before feature update to windows 1809 so I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GREGFOWLER1, Mar 16, 2019.

1. How to Change Portable windows work station to internal?

Hello, I recently took my windows hard drive out of my computer to install a larger hard drive, before feature update to windows 1809 so I wanted to clone the existing hard drive & current OP system windows 10 via SATA USB, well to be straight to the point, the clone did not work so I had to put the drive back internal.

I guess i could reinstall the OP System, however it was originally windows 8.1, upgraded to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000823 n 2015 original release of windows 10 then upgraded just recently

3/14/2019 to windows build 1809* https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4489899/windows-10-update-kb4489899 I have made system images of all, except windows build feature 1809 but have installation media for each update feature before that and the installation media works as a standalone win 10 OS however it keeps asking me to activate, so I reinstalled the original OS windows 8.1 that came on the laptop pre-installed and activated, then installed the feature updates on top as a upgrade feature to the current version https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4099479, that killed the activation issue, so I went an bought a TB HD, and wanted to switch before the update to version 1809 bc I knew it was coming but during the processes of cloning it updated , how I do not know, I started the clone before work and came home thinking it was done and remove The SATA USB Connected drives and the lock screen notifications dialog reads "don't turn off your computer update is configuring windows" well to say the very least the unfortunately the source drive containing the original OS and all Updates was connected via SATA USB, so I didn't think there was any issues so I shut down then I rebooted to realize the clone did not take when I got no bootable media on screen, so I reconnected the original hard drive internally and thought to just make a system image and install it or put in on the new drive that way by making it an installable ISO or bootable image well I go-to system image backup and recovery and try to start the function and get a this message "system image backup is not available on windows portable work station" ****! I didn't even know windows had a portables platform of windows other than windows phone witch I love. so I am asking how to switch back so I don't have to spend the next week re-stalling everything. just to do a system image backup. also I would like to know how to create windows workstation on a USB flash drive. I appreciate any info on anything I mentioned I am pretty much tech but some things do stump me, this is one of them, I am a developer for Android, and Linux so I will figure it out with time bt I realy need the ability to make system images.

Thanks Greg

:)

GREGFOWLER1, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2019
  3. marks1964 Win User
    internal drive in docking station doesn't show up on computer

Hi,

If the WD Black and the Maxtor drives (when inserted into the docking station) can be fully formatted and work properly when connected to the other PC, it sounds like
    Windows is the problem.

Try the following:

• Insert the WD Black drive into the docking station
    • Connect the USB cable to the new PC
    • Turn on the power to the docking station
    • Then restart the PC
    • Then check it again

If Windows has a problem reading HDD while it is in the docking station, doing this sometimes fixes it.

If this does not work, leave everything as above and shut down the PC for 1 minute, boot the PC and check it again.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Mark

marks1964, Mar 16, 2019
  4. jackin Win User

How to Change Portable windows work station to internal?

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

How to Change Portable windows work station to internal?

1. How to Change Portable windows work station to internal? - Similar Threads - Change Portable station

2. International Space Station NASA Crash to Server All Country Electricity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    International Space Station NASA Crash to Server All Country Electricity: Tfrduyjhtffyudhjtfdfyhujftfydhhn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/international-space-station-nasa-crash-to-server/ec74025a-3f01-46a5-8fbd-8fd77427ddd6
  3. Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive: Hello and thank you for your time. I made a portable windows 10 USB drive but it does not seem to pick up the internal hard drive of the computer. Using Windows PE I can see the internal fine and the internal boots, but won't detect with the full version on the USB. I’ve...
  4. How do I change the station with windows on it toan ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the station with windows on it toan ssd: We have another version installed on the ssd we just need to change where the pc starts from how do I do that submitted by /u/tibovd008 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtuv2i/how_do_i_change_the_station_with_windows_on_it/
  5. windows work station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows work station: Is it only available with windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-work-station/248fab34-e33e-4e80-b944-322761adfab2
  6. Portable Mouse not working or detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Mouse not working or detected.: So after so many computer resets due to the unfixable temporary profile the mouse not the touchpad is not working. I thought this was because of the mouse it self but apparently it wasn't, it was the computer. I check the device manager and it only detected the touchpad but...
  7. Notify me of a change in WiFi station

Notify me of a change in WiFi station: When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords. Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the...
  8. Notify me of a change in WiFi station

Notify me of a change in WiFi station: When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords. Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the...
  9. How to notify me of a change in WiFi station

in Windows 10 Support
    How to notify me of a change in WiFi station: When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords. Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the...
  10. QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?: Q. Which features are available in the Sandboxie paid version? Sandboxie - FAQ Licensing Two features: 1. "Force" programs: Automatically run programs under Sandboxie even when they are not started directly through Sandboxie. Programs can be "forced" by name...