Windows 10: How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a built-in Power mode control, available when you click on the […] This article How to change Power configuration for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 5, 2021

2. power plan is changing

Hi Erik,

Configuration problem can cause this type of issue. I suggest you should do the following troubleshooting steps:

Open Settings - Update & Security - Troubleshoot – Power -choose ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

These steps will allow you to detect and fix problems.

The next recommendation if the troubleshooting doesn’t find issues is to reset the power configuration to its default scheme:

Open Command Prompt as administrator - enter powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and click Enter.

The last my recommendation is to install the latest Windows updates. Usually it is an effective way to solve problems.

Martin Jenkinss, Mar 5, 2021
  3. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the PC up to date with all updates?

However, let us try these steps to check if that helps or makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the power troubleshooter on the PC. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Double click on troubleshooting and click on view all.
    • Click power and click next to run the power troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. Once it is done, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Step 2: Further, suggest you to run the
    SFC scan utility tool
    on the PC to check if that helps with this issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows10
    that checks for system file corruption.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 5, 2021
  4. How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

High performance Power plan missing.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to create a new power plan with high performance.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is the PC connected to a domain/organization network?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps to restore the default power plans on the PC.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter:
      powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

3. Once the process is complete, then restart the PC and check

If the issue persists, then perform these registry changes and check..

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    2. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    3. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    4. In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named CsEnabledand
      set it to 0.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC to check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

1. How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Power configuration

2. Windows - Power Configuration Powercfg Command-Line Version for editing the value of...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows - Power Configuration Powercfg Command-Line Version for editing the value of...: I am working with this document from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-optionsWorking on unattended stuffs for next Windows 11 so these are a few of stuffs I needed to work with.Powercfg Power...
  3. Windows - Power Configuration Powercfg Command-Line Version for editing the value of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows - Power Configuration Powercfg Command-Line Version for editing the value of...: I am working with this document from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-optionsWorking on unattended stuffs for next Windows 11 so these are a few of stuffs I needed to work with.Powercfg Power...
  4. Windows - Power Configuration Powercfg Command-Line Version for editing the value of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?: Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my network chip named as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (12) I219-V. Q. Please you tell me that the command code of powercfg can...
  6. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?: Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my network chip named as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (12) I219-V. Q. Please you tell me that the command code of powercfg can...
  7. Change Wireless Adapter power-saving mode using PowerCFG tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Change Wireless Adapter power-saving mode using PowerCFG tool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows manages the Wireless Adapter’s power state to make sure it does not impact […] This article Change Wireless Adapter power-saving mode using PowerCFG tool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The process power state is a feature under Power Options that determines the CPU […] This article How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How to change Multimedia Settings using PowerCFG tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Multimedia Settings using PowerCFG tool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Depending on whether you are on battery or plugged in, Multimedia settings can vary. […] This article How to change Multimedia Settings using PowerCFG tool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Power Plan is an important part of your computer, especially if it’s a laptop […] This article How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...