Windows 10: How to change primary gpu on amd radeon MSI bravo 15.6 laptop

Discus and support How to change primary gpu on amd radeon MSI bravo 15.6 laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my laptop the default gpu is my integrated one, meaning that in game my proper dedicated gpu is not used. I cannot find a setting in amd radeon that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IshaanBarthakur, Feb 15, 2021.

1. How to change primary gpu on amd radeon MSI bravo 15.6 laptop

On my laptop the default gpu is my integrated one, meaning that in game my proper dedicated gpu is not used. I cannot find a setting in amd radeon that changes the primary gpu. If I disable the integrated graphics processor in device manager or go to graphics settings to force and app to use my proper gpu it for some reason thinks that my monitor is 1hz so in game i can only set it to 60hz. However, my monitor is 144hz. I have reinstalled radeon multiple times and cannot find a fix anywhere on the internet.

Thanks

:)

IshaanBarthakur, Feb 15, 2021

2. AMD Primary GPU Problems

In the Radeon crimson driver, it says that my r6 igpu is the primary one but not my r7 m265. Both are activated if i check in the device manager but i can't seem to set the r7 m265 to be my primary one. Where in the new version of amd crimson 2018 driver do I change my primary gpu?

Team Pascal, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Sunido Win User
    Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop

My laptop is hp Pavilion g6, i7-3632qm, 6 Gb RAM igpu is intel HD 4000 and dgpu is Radeon 7670m.

After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, the laptop doesn't detect the AMD GPU and freezes whenever at 54% when installing the drivers.

I also did a clean reformat to windows 10 but still to no avail.

Suggestion please

Sunido, Feb 15, 2021
  4. How to change primary gpu on amd radeon MSI bravo 15.6 laptop

AMD RADEON Graphis

After following these steps
    • Press Windows key + R.
    • Type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
    • Click on View Tab, Select Show hidden devices.
    • Click on Scan for Hardware changes.
    • Check if any unknown devices show up and expand the Display Adapters listed in the device list.
    • If the Display device is listed, right click on it >click Properties.
    • In General tab, under device status check for the message. Post back if there is any error message.
    i found AMD RADEON R7 M265 in display adapters but when i was search AMD in windows ,i was not found further when i click right button of touch pad for refresh also not found AMD Graphics catalyst.also i not found any AMD driver in control pannel installed
    programm list...why?

KANCHAN PRASAD, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

How to change primary gpu on amd radeon MSI bravo 15.6 laptop

1. How to change primary gpu on amd radeon MSI bravo 15.6 laptop - Similar Threads - change primary gpu

2. Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference: Hlo...I have two gpu in my laptop one is intel Hd 3000 and other one is amd Radeon 7400 M but after the update of windows my valorant is not working because im not able to use my amd gpu in graphics preference option because it is not showing there both power saving gpu and...
  3. Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference: Hlo...I have two gpu in my laptop one is intel Hd 3000 and other one is amd Radeon 7400 M but after the update of windows my valorant is not working because im not able to use my amd gpu in graphics preference option because it is not showing there both power saving gpu and...
  4. Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  6. AMD Radeon

AMD Radeon: AMD Radeon software is not opening in my laptop. Error says driver version do not match. AMD the thing is there is not any Driver Version string and strings. I have attached a picture with it. you can better understand with it. Please any one give me a solution....
  7. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: Hi Folks, I got this:- - [img] - When I used Device Manager to get updated driver I got:- - [img] Can you please advise? 164406
  8. AMD Radeon

AMD Radeon: Why do I have this on my computer? I don't play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon/6b7296b3-6ea9-4f13-9a55-8e2384167250
  9. Change Primary GPU in SLI

Change Primary GPU in SLI: I recently installed a second GTX 980 into my system for SLI. I knew that the card closest to the CPU would default as primary and it would run hotter, but I became concerned when it was unable to boost higher than its base clock speed of 1126MHz due to thermals (the card...
  10. AMD Radeon

AMD Radeon: I have given up on my Nvidia card GeForce GTX 750ti as too much of a nearly bad thing. I am naow awaiting delivery of my Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI 1.4, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port 1.2, 256-Bit). According to the...