Windows 10: How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive?

Discus and support How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press the PrtSc (Print Screen) key in Windows 10 it save a Screenshot in my "OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots" folder as a PNG. I want it to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cb_Largo, Mar 22, 2019.

1. cb_Largo Win User

How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive?

When I press the PrtSc (Print Screen) key in Windows 10 it save a Screenshot in my "OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots" folder as a PNG.

I want it to save as a JPG.

:)

cb_Largo, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 22, 2019
  3. tracit99 Win User
    During print screen Save to OneDrive popup

When I do a print screen I get the following:

How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive? [​IMG]

If I choose Save to OneDrive the setting is remembered by OneDrive and I never see this popup again. Is there any way to reset this so that I see the Save to OneDrive popup again?

tracit99, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - change Print Screen

2. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg: Hi,I want Paint 3D to save images as .jpg by default, not .png. I can only find info on changing MS Paint which does not apply to Paint 3D.I'm using a Surface Pro 4Anyone.... Bueller????...
  3. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg: Hi,I want Paint 3D to save images as .jpg by default, not .png. I can only find info on changing MS Paint which does not apply to Paint 3D.I'm using a Surface Pro 4Anyone.... Bueller????...
  4. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC: I have followed instructions in previous queries which say to change the default location in settings, but the dropdowns don't open so I can't make this change. Do I need to be signed in to OneDrive to do this? Strange because the files still apparently save there. I'm on...
  6. Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default OneDrive screenshot file format: Good morning all, Whenever I use the PrtSc key a screen shot is automatically saved to my OneDrive. I really like that feature. The file format is PNG though. Is there a way to force the screen shots being saved as a JPG instead ? All help and suggestions will be...
  7. How to save snipping tool in pdf or jpg format?

How to save snipping tool in pdf or jpg format?: How to save snipping tool in pdf or jpg format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-snipping-tool-in-pdf-or-jpg-format/a21dce93-7413-4aeb-9ab1-15405838e317
  8. Change default save as file format

Change default save as file format: Hi Normally my laptop default save as file is jpeg. Recently I downloaded tiff file to my laptop. And now my default save as file change to tiff format. Please help how to change back to jpeg format....
  9. SCREENSHOTS: HOW TO GET WINDOWS LOGO AND PRINT SCREEN SHORTCUT TO SAVE AS JPG'S

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCREENSHOTS: HOW TO GET WINDOWS LOGO AND PRINT SCREEN SHORTCUT TO SAVE AS JPG'S: I CURRENTLY USE THE WINDOWS LOGO KEY AND PRINT SCREEN KEY SHORTCUT TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF MY ACTIVE WINDOW BUT THEY ARE SAVED IN THE SCREENSHOT FILE AS PNG FILES AND I'D RATHER HAVE THEM AS JPG'S. ANY IDEA HOW I CAN USE THE SAME SHORTCUT KEYS BUT GET THEM TO SAVE AS...
  10. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to change default save location to OneDrive: I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want. After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change print screen format

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. how to change print screen to default in jpg format

4. make print screen default to jpg with onedrive,
  5. saving print screen as jpg,
  6. print screen default format windows10,
  7. change print screen default