Windows 10: how to change printer default to single sided?

Discus and support how to change printer default to single sided? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do i set default to print single sided vs. double sided?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeanniesalyer, Nov 1, 2020.

1. how to change printer default to single sided?

How do i set default to print single sided vs. double sided?

:)

jeanniesalyer, Nov 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Default Printer keeps changing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

In Windows 10 there is a mode that makes your default printer the last printer you used.

I would suggest that you try turning let Windows manage your default printer off and check if you are still facing the issue. To do so follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings and click/tap on the
    Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, and turn off
    Let Windows manage my default printer.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

how to change printer default to single sided?

Default Printer keeps changing in Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the default Printer keeps changing after you restart the computer.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1:

I suggest you to try turning off “let Windows manage your default printer” and check if you are still facing the issue. To do so follow the steps below:

Open Start and select Settings
    > Devices > Printers & scanners. Turn off
    Let Windows manage my default printer.

how to change printer default to single sided? e5a5440c-c8d4-4151-bd0b-71150386373f?upload=true.png

If you still have issues, please follow the suggestion in method 2.

Method 2:

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the
    registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows

• Open the
      Run
      dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type
      Regedit
      and hit the Enter key.
    • When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

• In the right pane, right click on
      “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” and click modify to change the value of
      LegacyDefaultPrinterMode from the default 0 to 1.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Try setting you default printer again.

how to change printer default to single sided? 2e34abe8-5655-4809-95c6-a159b665677b?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

how to change printer default to single sided?

1. how to change printer default to single sided? - Similar Threads - change printer default

2. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  3. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to print single side: When I print, I get double-sided pages. How set Word to print single-sided?[Original Title: Printing] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-single-side/f25c34f8-9293-499f-80bc-a4a1a055bd24
  4. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to print single side: When I print, I get double-sided pages. How set Word to print single-sided?[Original Title: Printing] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-single-side/f25c34f8-9293-499f-80bc-a4a1a055bd24
  5. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Default Printer keeps changing

Default Printer keeps changing: it seems whenever i use a PDF printer like Microsoft Print to PDF or PDF Factory, my default printer changes to that PDF printer even though i have the option to let windows select the printer set to off. Is there a way to stop this?...
  7. My printer is set for double-sided printing. I need to change that option to single-sided....

My printer is set for double-sided printing. I need to change that option to single-sided....: My printer is set for double-sided printing. I need to change that option to single-sided. Help me, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-set-for-double-sided-printing-i-need/d05960f4-b4bb-4629-a008-8bd685e1d606
  8. Default printer changes

Default printer changes: [img] [img] I use a samsung printer as my default printer. I also have a Dymo labelwriter 450 twin turbo. When i print a lable on my dymo printer win 10 will set the dymo to my default printer which i obviously don't want. I have "Let windows manage my default printer"...
  9. How do I Change Xerox 3320 printer from Double sided to single sided printing?

How do I Change Xerox 3320 printer from Double sided to single sided printing?: I have tried to change settings but it still says"Two sided" printing in Xerox printer settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-xerox-3320-printer-from-double/e63548ab-64d1-42b6-8b3f-cb63b80cd426
  10. Change printer default settings

Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859