Windows 10: How to change program name?

Discus and support How to change program name? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I know how to rename a file or shortcut, of course. But I want to change a program name so it appears how it I want it whenever its name comes up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkmossop, Mar 16, 2021.

1. mkmossop Win User

How to change program name?

So I know how to rename a file or shortcut, of course.

But I want to change a program name so it appears how it I want it whenever its name comes up.

For example, for Media Player Classic, when I choose "open with", it should say Media Player Classic, instead of MPC-HC x64, like it says now.

I actually changed the info in the .exe file with Resource Hacker. I changed file description from MPC-HC x64 to Media Player Classic, but that didn't work.

Not sure what else to do.

Don't ask me why, I'm just weird, lol.

:)

mkmossop, Mar 16, 2021

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile How to change program name? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Mar 16, 2021
  4. How to change program name?

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

How to change program name?

1. How to change program name? - Similar Threads - change program name

2. How to remove Start up program named as "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Start up program named as "Program": Hello,I recently found blank start up program named as "program" and i want to remove this program form start up i try to remove from shell:startup but the program is not showing here please help me to remove this....
  3. Is there a program to change file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a program to change file names?: Hello, i have a large list of files (pictures and videos) with ":" in the file names. Unfortunately Windows doesn't want this, is there a linux program that can help here or do I have to do it by hand? Gibt es ein Programm zum ändern von Dateinamen?
  4. how to change name of adminstrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to change name of adminstrator: how to change the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-name-of-adminstrator/3afbeb2d-69e7-4a9d-b6d4-6accb1a4c687
  5. how to change administrator name

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change administrator name: I would like to change administrator name on all sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-administrator-name/9ebf0b22-2797-439a-a2d9-1d64befba528
  6. Change Program Name on Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Program Name on Windows Key: I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to...
  7. Change Name of Program on Windows Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Name of Program on Windows Key: I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to...
  8. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...
  9. Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?

Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?: . I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to find a seldom-used program using Start > Programs. The search took a long time, because the list of programs contained the manufacturer's name - not the name of the program. Is it possible to edit or modify the entry so that I see...
  10. Missing icons in programs and features and changing names

Missing icons in programs and features and changing names: Some of my programs icons are missing in programs and features. They are also missing from the start menu. How do I get them back again? I also want to change the name of some of the programs installed on my computer. Solution: right click on a program in the start menu...