Windows 10: How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....

Discus and support How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi thereI work in a school which uses a proxy server to filter sites for the students.I need to create a guest account on a Win10 PC... I have created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Annemarie_Acorn, Jan 31, 2022.

1. How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....

Hi thereI work in a school which uses a proxy server to filter sites for the students.I need to create a guest account on a Win10 PC... I have created a visitor local account which works .... however the visitor doesn't pick up the proxy settings from the local PC.How can I change the proxy settings for a visitor/local account?Many thanks in advance.Annemarie

:)

Annemarie_Acorn, Jan 31, 2022

2. proxy settings..

Hi,

Issues with the proxy settings are usually caused by broken system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the registry? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the changes that you made.
    • To avoid redundancy, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Check if you will have the same issue with proxy settings. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 31, 2022
  4. How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....

1. How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account.... - Similar Threads - change proxy settings

2. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  3. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  4. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  5. How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....: Hi thereI work in a school which uses a proxy server to filter sites for the students.I need to create a guest account on a Win10 PC... I have created a visitor local account which works .... however the visitor doesn't pick up the proxy settings from the local PC.How can I...
  6. How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change proxy settings for a visitor local account....: Hi thereI work in a school which uses a proxy server to filter sites for the students.I need to create a guest account on a Win10 PC... I have created a visitor local account which works .... however the visitor doesn't pick up the proxy settings from the local PC.How can I...
  7. Local Admin account settings keep changing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Admin account settings keep changing: Hi There, On some of our computers running Windows 10 the local admin keeps asking for a change of password even though we select the option for the password to never expire. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  8. Internet Proxy settings won't change

Internet Proxy settings won't change: Hello, I am using the company laptop. We are using company ID and password to login everyday. Recently few weeks ago, I have trouble connecting to our local company Wifi every morning when I opened my laptop. After login, it says I don't have internet connections whereas...
  9. Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi)

Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi): I am unable to change the Proxy Settings for my WiFi, in both Settings App and Internet Options (The Ok button does not respond in Internet Options, In the Settings app the enable proxy option gets disabled again). When I run the network troubleshooter, I get the following...
  10. proxy setting changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    proxy setting changes: I will be on the internet via my personal wifi when suddenly the computer stops and the error message arises that my proxy settings have changed. I am not on a LAN. This occurs with both IE and Google broswers. This is the most recent Google browser error message: No...