Windows 10: How to change public ip address

Discus and support How to change public ip address in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, How do I go about changing my public ip address, today ive gone around google and none of the tutorials seem to help me. A step by step... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Celxd, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Celxd Win User

How to change public ip address

Hello,

How do I go about changing my public ip address, today ive gone around google and none of the tutorials seem to help me.

A step by step tutorial would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

Celxd, Feb 9, 2021

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 9, 2021
  3. jackin Win User
    printer with public IP address, why

Certain time i come across scenarios where printer will have public IP address for example:

I'm not why a printer will have public IP address. Web Server will make sense etc.

jackin, Feb 9, 2021
  4. How to change public ip address

ip address changing

Hello,

Your IP is provided by your ISP and cannot be changed. Your IP address is assigned to you by the ISP and can be seen by anyone.

I would suggest that you refer the link and follow the steps from the article.

Delete and manage cookies

Delete and manage cookies

Hope this helps.

Divya Murugan, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

How to change public ip address

1. How to change public ip address - Similar Threads - change public address

2. How to change IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change IP address: I have reason to believe that hackers have changed my IP address. If I do change it will I need to make any other changes as far as internet connections etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-ip-address/154b7011-d926-4f90-a3ac-82db529b1251
  3. How to change IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change IP address: I have reason to believe that hackers have changed my IP address. If I do change it will I need to make any other changes as far as internet connections etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-ip-address/154b7011-d926-4f90-a3ac-82db529b1251
  4. How to change IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change my IP address

How to change my IP address: I want to change my IP randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IP address...
  6. change ip address

change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  7. change ip address

change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  8. How to change your IP address?

How to change your IP address?: There are ways to change IP address, but the system stops to work after the change. 168776
  9. How to change your IP address?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change your IP address?: There are ways to change IP address, but the system stops to work after the change. 168776
  10. How to change an IP address

How to change an IP address: I am setting up a new laptop with Windows 10. I have always used Mozilla (sorry) and downloaded it and set it up with my email address. Now it is telling me that my IP address is that of my old computer (also does the same if I use the Edge browser). What should I do? Thank...