Windows 10: How to change read only for all files?

Discus and support How to change read only for all files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So many of my files, including images, are Read Only and I can't bulk delete duplicates. I have tried some suggestions in this community and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ddfdesign, Jul 20, 2019.

1. ddfdesign Win User

How to change read only for all files?

So many of my files, including images, are Read Only and I can't bulk delete duplicates. I have tried some suggestions in this community and they either don't work, screwed things up or the instructions just are not as I see on my computer.

Is there a simple way to change this Read Only designation to all files?

Thank you,

Deborah

Windows 10, 64

:)

ddfdesign, Jul 20, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Remove read only from files

Hi,

Read-only is a file attribute, or a characteristic that the operating system assigns to a file. Files can be only opened or read with this attribute active. You cannot delete, change, or rename any file that’s been flagged as read-only.

To change the read-only attribute, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the file or folder icon that you wanted to modify.

• Remove the check mark by the Read-Only item in the file’s
      Properties
      dialog box.

The attributes are found at the bottom of the General tab.

• Click Apply then OK.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change read only for all files? - Similar Threads - change read files

2. All files stuck in read only mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files stuck in read only mode: Recently enountered a problem where all my files are stuck in read only, so far I have:- Made sure I have permissions to edit folders through the security tab of properties- Unchecked read-only after pressing accept and reopening properties it immediately reverts back to read...
  3. read-only files and how to change them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read-only files and how to change them: Hi,When I Insert my Sd card it is saying to format it. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files-and-how-to-change-them/d67c8904-3ed9-47a8-85ba-37776e9afedd
  4. read-only files and how to change them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    read-only files and how to change them: Hi,When I Insert my Sd card it is saying to format it. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files-and-how-to-change-them/d67c8904-3ed9-47a8-85ba-37776e9afedd
  5. All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed: Hello everyone. As the title states, all of my folders throughout windows 10 have set themselves to read only and I am unable to change this back no matter what I try. This is the first time I have wanted to edit something a set of photo's since before Christmas and now I...
  6. All of my folders are read only and when I change them they all go back to read only, how...

in Windows 10 Customization
    All of my folders are read only and when I change them they all go back to read only, how...: I am logged in as an admin and I am the only acct on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-folders-are-read-only-and-when-i-change/1adee054-26d7-49da-9d90-bbabdce1077c
  7. Can't change a file to read only

Can't change a file to read only: Hi, I was trying to set a file to read only but I keep getting an access is denied message, I've looked online for solutions but can't seem to find one that works. [ATTACH] This is the message I keep receiving, my account is set to administrator so not really sure what to...
  8. all my files are read only and can't be changed

all my files are read only and can't be changed: All of my files have become read only files and I can no longer right to them regardless of what I do to change them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-read-only-and-cant-be-changed/00b2e9c1-b282-4ac5-a4b2-11d560d2243d"
  9. All files read only on Windows 10

All files read only on Windows 10: I've discovered that all my files on my Windows 10 laptop are now read only. I'll bet this was done during an update; how do I change them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-read-only-on-windows-10/d82af34d-8ad3-4cde-8fe2-a15a3f9dadcb"
  10. All files read only on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    All files read only on windows 10: Hey everyone, need some help So when I booted my pc this morning, every single file on my computer has become read only and I have absolutely no idea whats caused this problem. I've tried multiple solutions to this problem I've found on google and nothing has worked. I...