Windows 10: How to change registry keys to increase USB power to 500mA?

Discus and support How to change registry keys to increase USB power to 500mA? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where can I download this driver? And how can I install it? First of all I confirm that in my case only the generic Standard USB drivers work. Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GARoss, Aug 6, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

How to change registry keys to increase USB power to 500mA?

First of all I confirm that in my case only the generic Standard USB drivers work. Intel drivers fail to properly detect any device plugged ("unknown USB device" error), except perhaps a USB mouse! To do that right-click on a USB device (not the USB Root Hub devices, the controller devices) and select "Properties". Then select "Update driver software". Select the last option, then again the last option. You should see a list of compatible devices. The last in the list should be the generic "Standard PCI to USB controller" (or Enhanced controller for the USB 2.0 device). Select that and proceed to install it. Windows might warn you they cannot verify compatibility etc. Ignore this warning and proceed. Replace all USB controller devices and then restart your system. USB ports now should work better. As said before, in my test server system this is the only way to make my USB ports work! I also have this issue in Linux and Mac OS X. The USB ports don't work properly for some reason. At least they do work in Windows 10 using the standard drivers. Thanks God!

spapakons, Aug 23, 2016
  2. GARoss Win User

I don't recall changing the USB driver. Follow the video but keep in mind the video was for Windows 7 not Windows 10. I my post above I describe the differences between the two. Make sure you have the correct USB port address to change power on.
    HTH

GARoss, Aug 23, 2016
  3. spapakons Win User
    In my case wasn't a power problem but a driver problem as it seems. None USB port worked no matter what device I tried. It only works properly by replacing the Intel specific USB controller drivers with the standard (universal) USB controller drivers.

spapakons, Aug 23, 2016
  4. GARoss Win User

That's interesting. All I did was follow the Dailymotion video & changed the allotted power to the port. Changing driver would probably be best!

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change registry keys to increase USB power to 500mA? - Similar Threads - change registry keys

2. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".: Hi,I would like a technician to help/guide me through the process of editing the "TDR values" of the GPU.I would really appreciate if remote assistance is available Thanks!...
  3. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".: Hi,I would like a technician to help/guide me through the process of editing the "TDR values" of the GPU.I would really appreciate if remote assistance is available Thanks!...
  4. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to execute a task when a registry key changes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to execute a task when a registry key changes?: A specific registry key seems to reset randomly for no reason, so I've been trying to get it to revert back to my configuration every time it changes. But I can't figure out how to set it as an event in the task scheduler. submitted by /u/Gollsbean [link] [comments]...
  6. windows defender registry key change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender registry key change: hi, my windows denfender services become disable , not sure why. I already take ownership of registry key of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDefend then change start key from 4 to 2, it still unable to change the key? any idea?...
  7. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  8. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  9. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  10. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb power change registry keys