Windows 10: How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]In this guide, we are going to see how you can change the Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 using the Microsoft Remote Desktop App,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 27, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10

How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    In this guide, we are going to see how you can change the Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 using the Microsoft Remote Desktop App, AnyDesk, and TeamViewer. This way, you can adjust the screen of a remotely connected computer easily. Change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 We are going to see how to […]

This article How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 27, 2022

2. Remote Desktop Screen resolution

Hi Richard,

We would like to ask some questions from you to get more information and to know the best possible resolution to provide.

• Can you tell us how are you trying to change the resolution of the computer you are trying to remote desktop?
    • Have you tried changing the resolution first of the computer you are trying to remote desktop?
    • Are you getting any error message or the option is grayed out? A screenshot would be helpful.

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 27, 2022
  4. How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10

1. How to change Remote Desktop Resolution in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - change Remote Desktop

2. Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected: I have an application running that is scaled to match resolution of a monitor. It is written to adjust to any monitor resolution. If I establish connection using remote desktop and then start the application, it picks up the Remote Desktop's resolution its settings instead of...
  3. Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected: I have an application running that is scaled to match resolution of a monitor. It is written to adjust to any monitor resolution. If I establish connection using remote desktop and then start the application, it picks up the Remote Desktop's resolution its settings instead of...
  4. How to change Screen Resolution in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Screen Resolution in Windows 11: [IMG]The Display or Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images displayed on your Windows PC screen. In this post, we will walk you through the two methods on how to check and change Screen Resolution in Windows 11. How to change Screen Resolution in...
  5. Remote Desktop on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop on Windows 11: Does anyone know if Windows 11 has Remote Desktop feature and do I need a Pro version for it? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-on-windows-11/7e16999e-3944-40b9-8266-6aa0214de12c
  6. How can I change the resolution of Remote Desktop Connection to an individual custom...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the resolution of Remote Desktop Connection to an individual custom...: I am using Remote Desktop Connection from a Windows 10 Enterprise machine to a Windows 7 Enterprise machine.However I would like the remote machine to have a display size of the same width of the local machine, but slightly smaller height. The local machine has a resolution...
  7. Change remote desktop port in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change remote desktop port in windows 10: My default connection port is 3389 but I want change it for some security reason so please help me to change the port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-remote-desktop-port-in-windows-10/5f39a939-25ed-49cf-bea8-27b5167580d7
  8. Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop: Maybe someone here can help me. I am using my Surface Book to remote into my desktop in my house. My problem is my desktop can't keep up with the resolution (3000x2000). I want to force the resolution to 1920x1280 but still keep the Remote Desktop full screen. Even if I edit...
  9. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution: When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK). I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set...