Windows 10: how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

Discus and support how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have custom PLACES in left pane of SAVE AS dialog boxes that I setup in Windows 7 and carried over to 8.1 then 10. I used program called PLACES BAR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drumtrucker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

I have custom PLACES in left pane of SAVE AS dialog boxes that I setup in Windows 7 and carried over to 8.1 then 10. I used program called PLACES BAR EDITOR which I think utilized Group Policy Editor or maybe gpedit was just an alternative way to do same thing. Regardless I cannot find how to do this in W10. gpedit is gone and PLACES BAR EDITOR will not install.

attached is shot of SAVE AS window, note the bottom has no icon because I deleted that location and want to update it to a different location.

:)

drumtrucker, Aug 31, 2015

2. How to Import save places from here places to Maps app

Hi,

Unfortunately, you cannot import places you have saved from Here app to Windows 10 Map app. However, your favorites and searches will be synced between your PC and Phone.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 31, 2015
  3. How to Import save places from here places to Maps app

Hi,

I have a windows phone 8.1 nokia lumia 635 with the apps Here and Maps installed and functioning. I have many saved places on the Here app.

I also have Maps installed on my Windows 10 pc.

As Here is no longer available on the pc, I'd like to copy my Here places across to Maps. I can't find how to do this.

Also, once imported, will they be organised into groups, as they are in Here?

Please note that my phone is not compatible with a windows 10 update.

Thanks.

Original title: Import Here places to Maps

DarrenMoss, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

gpedit is in the Pro version as it was in Win 7 and 8. Not available in the home (non-Pro) version.

Couldn't you use the Qucik Access list in the left pane? I believe you can add and remove items from it.

how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 31, 2015
  5. found registry key to fix, think that's what I actually used last time I modified.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    then ComDlg32\PlacesBar

drumtrucker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

1. how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR - Similar Threads - change SAVE locations

2. Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar: Hi Community,I have a Windows 10 user that has several mapped network drives. The user would prefer to use the address bar located at the top of file explorer to get to a network drive location, such as entering \\remote-network-locationin the address bar I marked with the...
  3. Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar: Hi Community,I have a Windows 10 user that has several mapped network drives. The user would prefer to use the address bar located at the top of file explorer to get to a network drive location, such as entering \\remote-network-locationin the address bar I marked with the...
  4. Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to use Microsoft Editor in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Microsoft Editor in Edge: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to use Microsoft Editor in Edge. Microsoft Editor is an AI-powered writing assistant, just like Grammarly. It was initially developed by Microsoft to offer spelling, grammar, and style correction suggestions in Word and Outlook. Later,...
  6. Change default save location for Video Editor

Change default save location for Video Editor: Title should be enough, but I started using the built in Windows 10 app Video Editor. When I import videos for a project they are by default stored in my OneDrive/Photos/Video Editor folder. I don't have any need or want of those files being uploaded to One Drive. This caused...
  7. how to change save path after editing photos using Microsoft photo editor?

how to change save path after editing photos using Microsoft photo editor?: when i use my laptop to edit photos it lets me chose where i save the photos however now I'm editing them on my pc it wont let me chose where i save the photos and its beginning to become quite annoying as i want them saved in a different location to where they are saving...
  8. changing saved location on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing saved location on pc: Just build a new pc so i installed my old 4tb hdd on my new pc and now that im trying to changed the saved files on windows 10 i get the error 0x80070005, im trying to change this so i can save all my games in my 4tb hdd and by the way old files of games are in there aswell....
  9. Video Editor saved project location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Editor saved project location?: I have a saved project in windows "Video Editor". Where do the files reside for this project? I am attempting to move my PC from a backed up version and need to know where I can put the old project files. I just need to locate them now. submitted by /u/deathnutz [link]...
  10. Modifying Places save in Bar in Win 10

Modifying Places save in Bar in Win 10: How do I customize the places save in bar in win 10. I've tried using GPEDIT and tweaking the registry but no luck. Any help appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modifying-places-save-in-bar-in-win-10/42268d82-badb-44d9-bb30-1528cd8aab31"