Windows 10: how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

Discus and support how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have custom PLACES in left pane of SAVE AS dialog boxes that I setup in Windows 7 and carried over to 8.1 then 10. I used program called PLACES BAR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drumtrucker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

I have custom PLACES in left pane of SAVE AS dialog boxes that I setup in Windows 7 and carried over to 8.1 then 10. I used program called PLACES BAR EDITOR which I think utilized Group Policy Editor or maybe gpedit was just an alternative way to do same thing. Regardless I cannot find how to do this in W10. gpedit is gone and PLACES BAR EDITOR will not install.

attached is shot of SAVE AS window, note the bottom has no icon because I deleted that location and want to update it to a different location.

:)

drumtrucker, Aug 31, 2015

2. How to Import save places from here places to Maps app

Hi,

Unfortunately, you cannot import places you have saved from Here app to Windows 10 Map app. However, your favorites and searches will be synced between your PC and Phone.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 31, 2015
  3. How to Import save places from here places to Maps app

Hi,

I have a windows phone 8.1 nokia lumia 635 with the apps Here and Maps installed and functioning. I have many saved places on the Here app.

I also have Maps installed on my Windows 10 pc.

As Here is no longer available on the pc, I'd like to copy my Here places across to Maps. I can't find how to do this.

Also, once imported, will they be organised into groups, as they are in Here?

Please note that my phone is not compatible with a windows 10 update.

Thanks.

Original title: Import Here places to Maps

DarrenMoss, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

gpedit is in the Pro version as it was in Win 7 and 8. Not available in the home (non-Pro) version.

Couldn't you use the Qucik Access list in the left pane? I believe you can add and remove items from it.

how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 31, 2015
  5. found registry key to fix, think that's what I actually used last time I modified.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    then ComDlg32\PlacesBar

drumtrucker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR

1. how to change SAVE AS locations, used to use PLACES BAR EDITOR - Similar Threads - change SAVE locations

2. How to Use Built in Video Editor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Use Built in Video Editor on Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/landohylton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhe8u3/how_to_use_built_in_video_editor_on_windows_10/
  3. Modifying Places save in Bar in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modifying Places save in Bar in Win 10: How do I customize the places save in bar in win 10. I've tried using GPEDIT and tweaking the registry but no luck. Any help appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modifying-places-save-in-bar-in-win-10/42268d82-badb-44d9-bb30-1528cd8aab31"
  4. Changing Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  5. location by using the pc

in Cortana
    location by using the pc: where can i find on cumputer the mke and model number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-by-using-the-pc/4cb5380b-9ce5-4cb3-a25e-ea0d1c75aab5"
  6. How to use Video Editor app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Video Editor app in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I love simple things, and Windows Movie Maker has always been one of my favorite video editing software. I know it’s very basic with just a few features, but then again, it’s free and very simple and easy to use. [...] This post How to use Video Editor app...
  7. Video Editor - File is in Use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor - File is in Use: I am trying to export a 30 second long video and have continuously gotten this message: [ATTACH] No matter what I try, I cannot seem to find a solution to this. Help?...
  8. your location is in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    your location is in use: I just found a white circle on task bar and it popup a message saying 'your location is in use'. is it safe to let windows using my location or a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-location-is-in-use/2bc29134-eb1b-4779-993b-af928fd1a6f0
  9. How to use Win+X Menu Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Win+X Menu Editor: Hi guys, Does anyone know how this works?? I have downloaded this utility, but I am unsure how to use it. I would like to add a "Recent Items" entry to my Win+X menu, using the path:- %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ However I can't figure how this is...
  10. location's frequently in use

in Windows 10 Support
    location's frequently in use: so, the location icon pops up frequently in my system tray area, now I know that means my location's in use, but does it have to pop up sometimes as many as 5 times in about as many minutes? I'm giving real thought to disabling the ruddy thing. 64656