Windows 10: How to Change screen adapter to nvidia gpu

Discus and support How to Change screen adapter to nvidia gpu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my GPU for the screen is the intel one, and this causes lag in games and heavy apps. For example, i get 40 fps with the nvidia gpu with a screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anshul_8056, Aug 9, 2021.

1. How to Change screen adapter to nvidia gpu

Hi, my GPU for the screen is the intel one, and this causes lag in games and heavy apps. For example, i get 40 fps with the nvidia gpu with a screen that is connected to internal gpu, however with an external one, with that same nvidia gpu only, i get 300 fps in minecraft.So please tell me how to connect my internal screen display to nvidia gpu. Thank You.Specs- Intel i5 9300HGTX 1650definitely not a gpu that'll give you 40 fps

:)

Anshul_8056, Aug 9, 2021

2. Problems with NVIDIA GEFORCE GPU and DirectX

Well I'm logged into a Microsoft account if that's what you're asking. Prior to the issue the only things I did that could be considered change were installing DirectX 11 and changing which GPU the games would use via NVIDIA Control Panel.

No, it isn't specific to any game. Any game that uses a GPU will not launch.

Chief Teef, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Expose discrete GPU selection to better support Freesync hack using NVidia GPU.

My answer to NVidia's concerns : If they could support Adaptive Sync / FreeSync as well as GSync and allow the customer to choose which output to use, then there are no more concerns. Because if GSync is so much better as they claim, then those who
    want to spend the extra money on a proprietary display can do so and the rest of us can use FreeSync. It should be a clear choice to anybody who has the money to buy the GSync display, if it's that much better. To me however, FreeSync is obviously the better
    technology and the better choice and it's behaviour is within acceptable parameters.

"If not, I would suggest getting a G-Sync monitor and sticking with NVidia GPUs going forward." That statement is exactly my concern and many peoples concern, and it suggests to me that NVidia are acting anti-competitively, at least under Australian Law,
    in that they have created a market situation that places an unnecessary financial burden upon the customer to change to their competitor. And also make it impossible to use the competing adaptive sync technology. We are now at the point were we have no choice
    when it comes to GPU's. NVidia are the only supplier of performant graphics cards. And we are being forced to buy their GSync modules too.

It's true, people can't afford to change both GPU and Display regularly. Now we have a situation where our GPU and Display are locked together. That's madness, there's absolutely no point to it.

Edit: For example, I have an AMD R9 390 GPU, I have to upgrade in a month or two. I will also need a new display next year. If I get the 2080 RTX, I have to buy a GSync display. I absolutely do not want a GSync display, I want a FreeSync display. But I don't
    have a choice with NVidia's current policy.

Gavin.Williams, Aug 9, 2021
  4. GrapeJams Win User

How to Change screen adapter to nvidia gpu

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

How to Change screen adapter to nvidia gpu

1. How to Change screen adapter to nvidia gpu - Similar Threads - Change screen adapter

2. Cannot change GPU from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change GPU from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to NVIDIA: Hello,I am asking this question because I have a persistent problem of my integrated GPU being selected instead of my dedicated GPU when I play games on my PC. Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700 @ 2.50GHzRAM: 16 GBIntegrated GPU : Microsoft Basic Display...
  3. Cannot change GPU from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change GPU from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to NVIDIA: Hello,I am asking this question because I have a persistent problem of my integrated GPU being selected instead of my dedicated GPU when I play games on my PC. Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700 @ 2.50GHzRAM: 16 GBIntegrated GPU : Microsoft Basic Display...
  4. Cannot change GPU from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia GPU in display adapters is greyed out in Device Manager

Nvidia GPU in display adapters is greyed out in Device Manager: So I'm on a laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 and recently I found out that when I plug in an HDMI cable, the screen doesn't turn on and when I go into the device manager, under Device Adapters, the NVIDIA graphics card that I have Geforce GTX 1650 Ti is greyed out and I can't do...
  6. Nvidia GPU not detected

Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  7. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  8. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  9. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

10. How to Change SCREEN ADAPTER to NVIDIA GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change SCREEN ADAPTER to NVIDIA GPU: Hi, my GPU for the screen is the intel one, and this causes lag in games and heavy apps. For example, i get 40 fps with the nvidia gpu with a screen that is connected to internal gpu, however with an external one, with that same nvidia gpu only, i get 300 fps in...