Windows 10: How to change screen size

Discus and support How to change screen size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is what my goal is.I have a sharp LCD TV. its best/recommended resolution is smaller than the max I can set it to.If I set it to the max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BotchbudBotchbud, May 29, 2021.

1. How to change screen size

Here is what my goal is.I have a sharp LCD TV. its best/recommended resolution is smaller than the max I can set it to.If I set it to the max resolution available, the content inside the screen is extending beyond the screen, so for example the start menu is actually outside of the screen's view.I want to tell Windows 10 to detect the "top" , "bottom", "left" and "right" sides of the screens as if they were squeezed in, so that way the start menu will fit into the screen. I don't want to use a lower resolution or squash anything else on the screen, I just simply want that start menu to show u

:)

BotchbudBotchbud, May 29, 2021

2. Changed screen size

Hi,

For us to better assist with your concern on screen size, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Have you tried changing the screen resolution of your monitor?

To change the screen resolution, you can check the steps below to change your screen resolution.

• On Desktop mode, right click and choose Display settings.
    • On the right pane, click Display.
    • On Resolution, choose the recommended screen resolution for your monitor.
    • Once your done, click on Keep changes.

For more information to get the best display of your monitor, refer to this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 29, 2021
  3. Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 29, 2021
  4. How to change screen size

Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, May 29, 2021
Thema:

How to change screen size

1. How to change screen size - Similar Threads - change screen size

2. How to change the Windows screen size in VirtualBox?

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Windows screen size in VirtualBox?: Oracle's VirtualBox virtualization software is a popular choice for users who want to test new operating system versions. If you install Windows in VirtualBox, you may notice that you can't change the default screen resolution of 1024x768. [ATTACH] The low resolution may be...
  3. Need to change size of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change size of screen: Words and icon do not show on monitor. It is as if monitor is too small. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-size-of-screen/2172ac42-4eb6-4ba6-bf5e-a0f521862985
  4. Changing the screen size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing the screen size: When I enter some web sites I find that the some of the wording on the right hand side does not fit the screen. I tried to change the resolution size from the 1600 x 900 recommended to 1400 x 1050, but the message said " windows could not change this display. I tried another...
  5. Change 'virtual' screen size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change 'virtual' screen size?: [ATTACH] I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a 27 inch 4K screen and a 15 inch 4K laptop screen. When I am on a desk, the 24 and 27 inch are mostly used, but as these screen...
  6. How to change icon size displayed on screen ?

How to change icon size displayed on screen ?: How to change size of ICONS displayed on screen of WIN 10 Home edition ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-displayed-on-screen/9e0b56a0-168d-4150-b5a3-e69b15624c8e
  7. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  8. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. How to change Icon and Font size on Lock screen and Welcome screen?

How to change Icon and Font size on Lock screen and Welcome screen?: Hi, I'm on RTM win 10 pro on my Dell 7720 laptop. Have 2 queries: 1). I've changed the font size to 150% which is fine on the desktop. But I need only the lock screen/Welcome screen to be 100% font size since on 150 % the font is too big and ugly. So is there any way to...
  10. How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen: As shown in the Picture below, How to I make the icons for the tiles on the start screen the same size as the tile itself? As you can see the Risen 3 icon is the full side of the medium square wher as the rest of the games the icon is smaller and centered. Is it also possible...