Windows 10: How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar

Discus and support How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I managed to change the search engine to Google in the new Win10 search located in the menu and also in Edge. However, the little address toolbar, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jrozie, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Jrozie Win User

How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar

I managed to change the search engine to Google in the new Win10 search located in the menu and also in Edge. However, the little address toolbar, that can be added to the taskbar by putting a checkmark in the address toolbar after right clicking on the taskbar and choosing toolbars has suddenly switched to Bing as the search engine. I would love to have this set at Google as it always was. I find this toolbar so much more convenient than the one that came with the new win10 menu. I have already turned off Cortana over there. I hope I have explained which tool bar I am referring to. Thanks for any help
    How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar [​IMG]

:)

Jrozie, Jan 8, 2016

2. Search from the Address Toolbar

Could somebody PLEASE tell me how to make Google my default search engine, especially when searching from the address toolbar! It goes to Bing, (and I HATE Bing), and want Google as my default search engine. Running Windows 10, ver. 1511. HELP!

MarneeSmull, Jan 8, 2016
  3. turn off bing search for google

You might have to right-click the Internet Explorer toolbar and select "Unlock the toolbars" then grab the vertical divider at the left end of the Google Toolbar and move it to make the Google Toolbar larger so that the wrench icon appears.

I also should have posted earlier...

Take Edge to
    www.google.com
    and follow the instructions at
    http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-tip-how-to-change-the-default-search-engine-in-edge
    to try to set Google as default.

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 8, 2016
  4. How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar

In IE go to Settings > manage add-ons > search providers. Down at the bottom left there should be an add more search providers option. Add google then set it as the default. Then remove Bing if you want.

alphanumeric, Jan 9, 2016
  5. Jrozie Win User
    Thanks so much! That worked perfectly.*Smile

Jrozie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar

1. How to change search engine back to Google in Address toolbar - Similar Threads - change search engine

2. How to change search engine

in Cortana
    How to change search engine: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the a**. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  3. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  4. How do I change default search engine used by Search box to Google

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change default search engine used by Search box to Google: Although I have Google set as the default browser, whenever I type a search in the Search box at the bottom left, the search result is displayed as a Bing result. This seems to have become more of an issue after today's Windows update (15 August 2021). Now running Windows 10...
  5. Google Chrome Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  6. Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.: I want Google to be my search engine, but Windows keeps changing it to Bing, even though it is my preferred engine. I've even removed all the other names on the choice list. How can I fix this?...
  7. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: I installed Windows 10 and got Bing and Edge with it. Previously I used Duckduckgo and I like it. How can I get my favourite search engine back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-search-engine/2b6778b3-b33e-489c-85fc-9aa573e01636
  8. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing....
  9. change search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    change search engine: How can I chnage the default search engine from Bing to Google? Remove Bing from my desktop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-engine/61249a04-2884-447b-b800-529c626db8cd
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows How to Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can use the address bar (omnibox) as a search box. It automatically uses Google by default, but you can set another...