Windows 10: How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

Discus and support How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rosede, May 11, 2019.

1. rosede Win User

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers.

I need to be able to renumber starting with the next highest number on the list. For example, the highest current number is 96. I need to start the numbering sequence at 97 and then increment from there. I hope this is clear enough.

For example 100001 thru 100096. I need to renumber the sequence 100097 thru 100192.

I've fooled around with the Find and Replace tool in Word. If I use the wild card setting, I can find the sequence 1000[0-9][0-9]. But, I can't figure out how to replace the matched find with the next number in the sequence.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank you.

Daryl

:)

rosede, May 11, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? [​IMG]

Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, May 11, 2019
  3. twdal Win User
    How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard language.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

twdal, May 11, 2019
  4. How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

user428697, May 11, 2019
Thema:

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

1. How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? - Similar Threads - change sequential numbers

2. How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1: Hey gang, I've got a bunch of files (~300) that need to be renamed sequentially. I used the F2 command to change the names from "image1.png" to "M00000(1).png", etc. Is there a switch or something in PowerShell or the command prompt to start at a number other than 1 and...
  3. How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?: Help me to change the phone number in Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-phone-number-in-microsoft/65a2affa-6350-4435-afb8-c3e88352ddae
  4. How can I change Word 2016 default print settings?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I change Word 2016 default print settings?: When I print in Word 2016 the default is to print all pages. To change this you have to click the drop down menu and select custom; then you can select pages individually. Is there a way to make this Custom Print option the default so I don't have to select every time? TIA...
  5. How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

How do you change Word 2016's Display language?: (Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard language.) I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish....
  6. word 2016 dissappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word 2016 dissappeared: I purchased word 2016 in 2016 and used it quite often to create quite a few documents and without notice or any action from me it disappeared along with my documents, how do I get it back?...
  7. How to search WPD files converted to Word (2016)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to search WPD files converted to Word (2016): I just started using a computer with Windows 10 and Word 2016. I inserted a thumb drive containing hundreds of WPD files, and copied them to My Documents. I then converted them to Word. Here is the problem: I need to be able to search the converted files for certain terms...
  8. How to use references function in word 2016

How to use references function in word 2016: Hi i am social researcher and use APA citation stile i want to know how to create references in word 2016 and want to know how to use this function. I am searching and dont see how . And want to know ¿Did word uses well the APA? are a way to create custom fonts and references...
  9. Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?

Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?: Does anybody know how you change the font of the footnote numbering in a document? Whenever I insert footnote, I get the number (1, 2, 3 ...) in "Times New Romans." I am using "Arial" for my writing, but I want the font "Tahoma" for the numbers of the footnotes. Is there any...
  10. Getting Rid of Network Adapter Sequential Numbering!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Rid of Network Adapter Sequential Numbering!: Hi. I have two Wi-Fi adapters on my Win10x64 PC - an internal and an external on the roof of my motorhome via USB. The first is named "Wi-Fi" and the second "Wi-Fi 4", which drives me bananas. In the registry I found two instances of "Wi-Fi 4" and changed them to...