Windows 10: How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

Discus and support How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rosede, May 11, 2019.

1. rosede Win User

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers.

I need to be able to renumber starting with the next highest number on the list. For example, the highest current number is 96. I need to start the numbering sequence at 97 and then increment from there. I hope this is clear enough.

For example 100001 thru 100096. I need to renumber the sequence 100097 thru 100192.

I've fooled around with the Find and Replace tool in Word. If I use the wild card setting, I can find the sequence 1000[0-9][0-9]. But, I can't figure out how to replace the matched find with the next number in the sequence.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank you.

Daryl

:)

rosede, May 11, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? [​IMG]

Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, May 11, 2019
  3. twdal Win User
    How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard language.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

twdal, May 11, 2019
  4. How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

user428697, May 11, 2019
Thema:

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

1. How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word? - Similar Threads - change sequential numbers

2. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?: Hi,I have multiple files in a folder, and I want to add a sequential prefix to all the files using power shell.For example:random name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfChange to:C3.1 random name file.pdfC3.2 random name...
  3. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?: Hi,I have multiple files in a folder, and I want to add a sequential prefix to all the files using power shell.For example:random name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfChange to:C3.1 random name file.pdfC3.2 random name...
  4. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date: Hey I'm not very good at powershell so I was wondering if someone who is could help me. I found this answer on another thread on how to number files sequentially in file explorer and I need it modified but I don't really understand it.[ref]$i = 1; gci -file Rename-Item...
  6. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date: Hey I'm not very good at powershell so I was wondering if someone who is could help me. I found this answer on another thread on how to number files sequentially in file explorer and I need it modified but I don't really understand it.[ref]$i = 1; gci -file Rename-Item...
  7. how to number files sequentially in file explore ?

how to number files sequentially in file explore ?: how to number files sequentially in file explore ? I open my flash drive with 700 songs in it. How do I number the songs in sequence in file explorer ?...
  8. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  9. How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1

How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1: Hey gang, I've got a bunch of files (~300) that need to be renamed sequentially. I used the F2 command to change the names from "image1.png" to "M00000(1).png", etc. Is there a switch or something in PowerShell or the command prompt to start at a number other than 1 and...
  10. Getting Rid of Network Adapter Sequential Numbering!

Getting Rid of Network Adapter Sequential Numbering!: Hi. I have two Wi-Fi adapters on my Win10x64 PC - an internal and an external on the roof of my motorhome via USB. The first is named "Wi-Fi" and the second "Wi-Fi 4", which drives me bananas. In the registry I found two instances of "Wi-Fi 4" and changed them to...