Windows 10: How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...

Discus and support How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My screen goes to sleep within 10 seconds of not touching a key or the mouse. I verified power and sleep settings as well as checked to make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by B Cush, Apr 26, 2023.

1. B Cush Win User

How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...

My screen goes to sleep within 10 seconds of not touching a key or the mouse. I verified power and sleep settings as well as checked to make sure drivers are all updated. This is on a Dell laptop with intel core vPro I5 running windows 10. Every time it goes to sleep I have to log in. Any other ideas to fix this as I have tried everything that I could find on Google/Windows help.

:)

B Cush, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the... 347450d1633033035t-computer-sleep-option-missing-settings-image.png

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Apr 26, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 26, 2023
  4. David Haz Win User

How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 26, 2023
Thema:

1. How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the... - Similar Threads - change settings screen

2. How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...: My screen goes to sleep within 10 seconds of not touching a key or the mouse. I verified power and sleep settings as well as checked to make sure drivers are all updated. This is on a Dell laptop with intel core vPro I5 running windows 10. Every time it goes to sleep I have...
  3. How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change settings so my screen does not go to sleep within 10 seconds of not using the...: My screen goes to sleep within 10 seconds of not touching a key or the mouse. I verified power and sleep settings as well as checked to make sure drivers are all updated. This is on a Dell laptop with intel core vPro I5 running windows 10. Every time it goes to sleep I have...
  4. Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting): Hello, I need some help here. I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2, I downloaded ISO 20H2 19042.631 from TechBench and installed with no problems, I set up all of my programs, drivers (including monitor driver), disabled some services, etc as I would with any other...
  5. Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting): Hello, I need some help here. I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2, I downloaded ISO 20H2 19042.631 from TechBench and installed with no problems, I set up all of my programs, drivers (including monitor driver), disabled some services, etc as I would with any other...
  6. Windows on my second screen go back to my main screen when my monitors go to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows on my second screen go back to my main screen when my monitors go to sleep: This is driving me nuts. Say I have a window on my secondary monitor. If the monitors go to sleep because of inactivity or because I lock my PC, when I come back ALL the windows that were previously in the second monitor are in the main monitor. My main monitor is the LG...
  7. Windows 10 does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 does not go to sleep.: I notice that when I get up in the morning my desktop is not in it's usual sleep mode. The power settings says that the monitor should go to sleep after 10 minutes and the computer after 30 minutes of inactivity. This started happening just after the last large Windows...
  8. Can I change this setting to 2 seconds within the Registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change this setting to 2 seconds within the Registry?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Too-Optimistic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/geqvfz/can_i_change_this_setting_to_2_seconds_within_the/
  9. Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2: What helped me resolve this issue was changing the power plan. Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options Change to a different power option...
  10. screen goes into sleep mode within seconds of not moving mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes into sleep mode within seconds of not moving mouse: I have tried to change the power settings, and I even have the screen saver turned on - but the screen goes dark in just a few seconds if they mouse is not moved constantly or typing. I have reviewed the power settings and I have all of them set at 15 minutes or more and the...