Windows 10: How to change START look, cant remove all app mode

Discus and support How to change START look, cant remove all app mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, noob question here. How do i change the start menu to look like the 2nd picture? The left part looks annoying to me. Any help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ddragonz, Aug 13, 2016.

1. ddragonz Win User

How to change START look, cant remove all app mode

Hi Guys, noob question here.

How do i change the start menu to look like the 2nd picture? The left part looks annoying to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ddragonz, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Bevotron Win User

Start menu icon and Search not working.

Me too. Everything looks OK, but cant get any response at all from the Start Icon! Completely stuck. Is there a Windows 10 Safe Mode & how can you get it started in Safe Mode?

Bevotron, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - A Big Disappointment !!

no, its not just you, look around this forum, the start menu not working has been a common bug since testing began, as well as other "apps" not working, (notifications is an "app" now too)

it was released to the public too early and incomplete, and it has poor hardware support,

not to mention that it has spyware and adware built in and enabled by default and telemetry tracking which cant be disabled, "apps" that cant be removed, Poor and inconsistent User interface, 2 control panels??, and features a hideous flat look that cant
    be changed.

other key innovations are: breaking search, removing control of the users computer from the user, forced windows updates, changing the users settings by itself without permission, using virus like tactics to infect and infiltrate computers without permission
    and pretending to be a phone

sorry that got ranty, i really cant stand windows 10

Barcode.Zero., Aug 13, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

You can't. The start menu layout is fixed, and there is no way to do what you suggest. That layout in the second picture is from the 1511 version, 1607 uses the upper layout.

Mystere, Aug 13, 2016
  5. altae Win User
    If you want a different looking start menu you will have to revert to third party solutions like Classic Shell, Start 10 or similar. Sadly Microsoft doesn't allow much customization of the start menu anymore.

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change START look, cant remove all app mode - Similar Threads - change START cant

2. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  3. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  4. How to remove all microsoft 365 apps

How to remove all microsoft 365 apps: How do I completely remove office 365. I have uninstalled the office 365 in programs but I still have word, outlook, excel, etc. and I can still open them and am still logged in. I am having issues with outlook and want to completely remove and reinstall all of office...why...
  5. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  6. How to remove all the useless office apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove all the useless office apps: Hi, I have office subscription account provided from university and in the microsoft site i have an option only to download the whole office packet, but it comes with a lot of useless stuff i dont want in my pc, however i only have the option to delete them all as they all...
  7. How can I remove all tiles and apps in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove all tiles and apps in start menu?: I tried to remove all tiles in the start menu by removing one by one, right-clicking, but whenever I restart the tiles still appear again. How can I keep them deleted, and would this be related to the settings below? I also tried to turn both functions off but it would...
  8. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  9. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  10. Changed looks of start menu by accident

Changed looks of start menu by accident: I accidently installed the start menu changer and it changed my menu to the win 7 look alike. Is there a way to get the Win 10 menu back. I was starting to like some of it and would really like to play with it a bit longer. 20661