Windows 10: How to change system language everywhere?

Discus and support How to change system language everywhere? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro installation providing only the Italian language, I tried to switch it to English. This is what I did:First, I performed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lord thistle, Oct 21, 2022.

1. How to change system language everywhere?

I have a Windows 10 Pro installation providing only the Italian language, I tried to switch it to English. This is what I did:First, I performed the following steps:Open the application Settings;Added English US among the "Preferred languages" flagging "Set as my Windows display language";RebootSecond, after rebooting I did also the following steps:Open Control PanelSelect "Clock and Region"Select "Region"Select tab "Administrative"Click "Copy settings"Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts"Tick "New user accounts"Click okClick on "Change system locale"Select "English United States"click o

:)

lord thistle, Oct 21, 2022

2. Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Thanks for your time and troubles taken, Karthicka_R.

Went through the steps 1 to 5 and then 7.

After restarting, checked; still, Tamil is not found in the list of languages for 'Change System Locale'.

(In fact, I had done this before raising this query. On reading your reply, I removed Tamil and went through the steps as listed above in my reply. Since the language pack was already installed, I didn't have to do the step-5; the screen also indicated that
    the language pack is already there.)

Regards

Thiruvelan

VelanThiru, Oct 21, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Oct 21, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

How to change system language everywhere?

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 21, 2022
Thema:

How to change system language everywhere?

1. How to change system language everywhere? - Similar Threads - change system language

2. How to change system language everywhere?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change system language everywhere?: I have a Windows 10 Pro installation providing only the Italian language, I tried to switch it to English. This is what I did:First, I performed the following steps:Open the application Settings;Added English US among the "Preferred languages" flagging "Set as my Windows...
  3. How to change system language everywhere?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change system language everywhere?: I have a Windows 10 Pro installation providing only the Italian language, I tried to switch it to English. This is what I did:First, I performed the following steps:Open the application Settings;Added English US among the "Preferred languages" flagging "Set as my Windows...
  4. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  5. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  6. How to change system language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change system language: I want to change the system language, how can I do that? submitted by /u/Desertt__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j870y7/how_to_change_system_language/
  7. Change System Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change System Language: Hi, hope this is the corrent section. I''ve changed my language from Italian to English (only the system, not the app) but the page settings is still in italian. I don't know if this is a bug or I do something wrong. I'll post some screenshot [img] [img] [img] As you can...
  8. changing system language

changing system language: about changing system language i can not find english format ,it just has chinese one so is there any data i should download or instal it to issue this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-system-language/fd99c65a-0528-40fa-b010-92d9910323da
  9. change system language

change system language: I want to change the system language from german to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-system-language/67d88da7-3998-4043-ba57-2452c9a2ee59
  10. Change Language everywhere - Windows 10

Change Language everywhere - Windows 10: Hello, I've recently installed Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 machine and accidentally used a portuguese image which meant everything was in portuguese (I am Portuguese) I decided to then change the language to English (UK) and everything was fine, everything was in english...