Windows 10: how to change system resolution. can't locate to control panel after clicking start

Discus and support how to change system resolution. can't locate to control panel after clicking start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; NEED TO CHANGE SYSTEM RESOLUTION. UNABLE TO LOCATE CONTROL PANEL AFTER "START"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ALBERTDEMELLO, Apr 12, 2021.

1. how to change system resolution. can't locate to control panel after clicking start

NEED TO CHANGE SYSTEM RESOLUTION. UNABLE TO LOCATE CONTROL PANEL AFTER "START"

:)

ALBERTDEMELLO, Apr 12, 2021

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 12, 2021
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Apr 12, 2021
  4. how to change system resolution. can't locate to control panel after clicking start

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

how to change system resolution. can't locate to control panel after clicking start

1. how to change system resolution. can't locate to control panel after clicking start - Similar Threads - change system resolution

2. control panel original location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control panel original location: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21J2 installed on 10/9/2021 OS build 22000.795. 16.0 GB Installed RAM, Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz.Control Panel and Network have moved to my Desktop. When I do a search the "original location" is the desktop. I would like...
  3. control panel original location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    control panel original location: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21J2 installed on 10/9/2021 OS build 22000.795. 16.0 GB Installed RAM, Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz.Control Panel and Network have moved to my Desktop. When I do a search the "original location" is the desktop. I would like...
  4. can't change mouse settings. Nothing happens after I click mouse in the control panel!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't change mouse settings. Nothing happens after I click mouse in the control panel!: can't change mouse settings. Nothing happens after I click mouse in the control panel! and also can not use the additional mouse settings from the mouse settings in the settings app. I am on windows 11. and also I can't change the trackpad setttings....
  5. can't change mouse settings. Nothing happens after I click mouse in the control panel!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change mouse settings. Nothing happens after I click mouse in the control panel!: can't change mouse settings. Nothing happens after I click mouse in the control panel! and also can not use the additional mouse settings from the mouse settings in the settings app. I am on windows 11. and also I can't change the trackpad setttings....
  6. Can't change resolution after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution after restart: Hello Everyone! Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized that the screen had no signal so I unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor and back in, only to find out it didn't work so...
  7. Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...

Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...: Hi all My Lenovo laptop was shipped with a Chinese version of Windows 10 installed. I had changed the system language to English but after updating to Windows 10 Version 1809, it reverted back to Chinese. Therefore, I changed it to English again. After restarting my laptop,...
  8. How to change font smoothing in control panel?

How to change font smoothing in control panel?: It is possible to disable Font Smoothing in Control Panel? [img] I mean all text sharp as This (Windows 7)? [img] Thanks 106051
  9. Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel

Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I now have an item (Windows 7 Backup & Recovery) in my control panel. I'd like to know the GUID for this Windows 7 Backup & Recovery item. Is there a way I can achieve that? Regards, Andrew 51469
  10. Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?: Does anyone know why the Right Click on the Windows 10 Start Button to get to the Control Panel was removed? It was so simple. You could use the Windows Button and X to get to the Menu too. I had to find the Control Panel and add it to my Start Menu. How do you Click your way...