Windows 10: How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...

Discus and support How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So here is what going on? I recently got Windows 10 Pro laptop. On Windows 7 PC I was able to pin IE-11 shortcut to taskbar, but Windows 10 gives no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackin, May 1, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...

So here is what going on?

I recently got Windows 10 Pro laptop.

On Windows 7 PC I was able to pin IE-11 shortcut to taskbar, but Windows 10 gives no such option.

How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default... 317d071f-e68f-4de5-a26d-3a61b08eec3d?upload=true.jpg

Steps I tried as workaround is I opened same website in MS Edge and pinned it to the taskbar, but everytime I open the pinned shortcut it opens via MS Edge. I created desktop shortcut of same website via Chrome and then pinned it to taskbar, same issue.

How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default... 8afd7ab7-a475-410c-9f6b-78938e862d2c?upload=true.jpg

Right now the pinned shortcut target and starts in paths are:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=nglmfpkackccfmkjpfmjhfebabbfoflm

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application"

I tried playing around with it and tried to give target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\"

It did not help any help how can I make my pinned website to start using IE-11.

Internet Explorer 11 is my default browser I wanna use.

:)

jackin, May 1, 2019

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 1, 2019
  3. I can't set my default web browser

Hi Jorin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

It is unusual that you are unable to set a default web browser.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to choose a default web browser again and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type default programs in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "set your default programs".

5. From the list of programs, locate Google chrome or Microsoft edge, click on it and click "set this program as my default".

6. Save the changes and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 1, 2019
  4. theking2 Win User

How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...

Start page is not saved

After I went to a complicated set of steps

Clicking ...

• select Settings
    • select A specific page
    • select Custom from the list
    • enter my favourite page
    • removing About:start
    And I close and open Edge the default page is still shown

How do I change the start page in Edge?

theking2, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default... - Similar Threads - change target start

2. Changing Default App Target

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Default App Target: I’m attempting to run a version of a program that can only be run via manual shortcut bedrock editor for minecraft bedrock preview. However, the default app for this shortcut is Minecraft Bedrock retail version, though to work, the shortcut must run the preview version. In my...
  3. Changing Default App Target

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Default App Target: I’m attempting to run a version of a program that can only be run via manual shortcut bedrock editor for minecraft bedrock preview. However, the default app for this shortcut is Minecraft Bedrock retail version, though to work, the shortcut must run the preview version. In my...
  4. Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...: Is there anywhere in the Windows 11 settings app a page to change defaults for a whole category of file types audio files, video files, text files, etc.? There is a settings page on Windows 10 to select a default Audio/Video player, web browser, photo viewer, yet I can't find...
  5. Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...: Is there anywhere in the Windows 11 settings app a page to change defaults for a whole category of file types audio files, video files, text files, etc.? There is a settings page on Windows 10 to select a default Audio/Video player, web browser, photo viewer, yet I can't find...
  6. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  7. How do I set my default mail to a web page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set my default mail to a web page?: I do not want my email to open up in a application, I want my default email association to go to a webpage hosting my email.I know I can set up the email app that comes with windows 10 to work with most any email provider, but I don't want to use the built in program.I want...
  8. How do I set my default mail to a web page?

How do I set my default mail to a web page?: I do not want my email to open up in a application, I want my default email association to go to a webpage hosting my email.I know I can set up the email app that comes with windows 10 to work with most any email provider, but I don't want to use the built in program.I want...
  9. How do I set my default mail to a web page?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How can I change my default settings for opening documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my default settings for opening documents: How can I set my default to open office and not Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-default-settings-for-opening/a3512d8d-f197-43d2-8bf6-6c3e4f79ac1a