Windows 10: How to change target location for download file?

Discus and support How to change target location for download file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonLandry, Feb 4, 2023.

1. DonLandry Win User

How to change target location for download file?

Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change.

:)

DonLandry, Feb 4, 2023

2. download target

thank you that works .

it is still complicated way for users.

I think that Microsoft has to bring back to downloads the option setting and even to organize the setting by allow the user to put targets for videos, music , other documents etc. as he wants.

shaul shwimmer, Feb 4, 2023
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Feb 4, 2023
  4. How to change target location for download file?

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

How to change target location for download file?

1. How to change target location for download file? - Similar Threads - change target location

2. How to change target location for download file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change target location for download file?: Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-target-location-for-download-file/2c8c2220-fed8-4937-9d6f-603b7cddcbef
  3. Target folder of automated file downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Target folder of automated file downloads: I sometimes get notifications that an app is automatically downloading files. First of all, I know what this Windows 10 feature is and I know how to turn automatic file download and/or the notifications for it on and off. In the notification I also see the file name and the...
  4. Change download location.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change download location.: Hi everyone! My C drive storage is full so I didn't have enough storage to dowload a game Sea of Thieves. Is it possible to change the location of my next downloads? I have other hard drive. Thanks, Movido de: [PT-BR]...
  5. Changing downloads location

in Browsers and Email
    Changing downloads location: Hi all,,, At the moment whenever I download a file from the internet, it automaticly goes into a folder called Downloads on my D drive, but I want it to go in a folder on my C drive in Users \ Myname\ Downloads. Can you tell me how to redirect it please.? Len 142431
  6. download location change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download location change: how do i change the download location to my laptop. everything i download goes to my cellphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-location-change/d537bce6-2fe0-4d4a-8cf0-392bbdf7ece5
  7. How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer: By default, I want to open my file explorer in win10 in a specific folder. I have tried to create a shortcut with that folder and have put that shortcut in the taskbar but it is changed to the normal file explorer....
  8. download file location

in Browsers and Email
    download file location: how do i specify the folder i want a downloaded file to be placed? 57334
  9. Change download location

in Browsers and Email
    Change download location: Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7. How can I change it to be set to Windows 10. Hopefully screen shot can explain better . 22148
  10. Changing OneDrive download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...