Windows 10: How to change taskbar location in Windows 11?

Discus and support How to change taskbar location in Windows 11? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Are you tired of the Windows 11 Taskbar's new center alignment and want to move it to another location? While Microsoft has removed the legacy ability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 10, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to change taskbar location in Windows 11?

Are you tired of the Windows 11 Taskbar's new center alignment and want to move it to another location? While Microsoft has removed the legacy ability to move the Taskbar around in the new design, it's still possible to change its position using a workaround.

To start, you'll need to open the Registry Editor by searching for "regedit" in the Start menu. From there, navigate to the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3

Once you've found the "Settings" binary key, double-click it and change the value to 01 to move the Taskbar to the top of the screen, 02 to move it to the right side, 00 to move it to the left side, or 03 to move it back to the bottom.

After making the necessary changes, click "OK" and restart the Windows Explorer process by right-clicking the Start button and selecting "Task Manager" then clicking the "Processes" tab and selecting the "Windows Explorer" process, and clicking "Restart".

Alternatively, you can simply restart your PC.

There are third-party tools too

In addition to the registry workaround for changing the Taskbar position on Windows 11, there are also third-party apps available that can achieve the same result.

These apps can be particularly useful if you're not comfortable making changes to the registry, or if you want a more streamlined solution. One free solution that can restore the classic design of the Taskbar on Windows 11, along with its legacy features like the ability to change the bar position, is ExplorerPatcher.

How to change taskbar location in Windows 11? Windows-11-taskbar-location.jpg
    Windows 11 taskbar location can be changed by ExplorerPatcher

While this solution may not be perfect, it offers an alternative for those who are looking to make changes to their Taskbar settings without spending money. So, if you're interested in repositioning your Taskbar on Windows 11 and don't want to pay for a third-party app, ExplorerPatcher may be the best free option for you to consider.

Keep in mind that while changing the Taskbar position is still possible, it's not a supported feature on Windows 11, so the behavior may not work as expected.

However, if you're willing to take the risk, you can enjoy your preferred Taskbar location on Windows 11. Here is how to set default apps in Windows 11 if you need help with that too!

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to change taskbar location in Windows 11? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 10, 2023

2. Taskbar location

Hi Todd,

Sudden changes in the location of the taskbar can occur due to misconfiguration in Windows settings. But you don't have to worry, you can modify the location where the taskbar will be displayed. Follow these steps to change the location of your taskbar:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Choose Taskbar settings.
    • Look for Taskbar location on screen. The drop-down button under it will let you choose your preferred location for the taskbar.

For further information on how to use the taskbar in Windows 10, visit this
    link

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Apr 10, 2023
  3. Change the location of taskbar on multiple display Windows 10

Hello Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding taskbar location on multiple displays.

Do you have multiple monitors connected to the same computer?

Please be informed that right now there is no option to change the location of taskbar to the scenario which you mentioned.

As this is the option you would like to see in windows 10, you may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    However you may follow the below steps to change the location of the taskbar (changes the location on both the monitors to same place) and check.

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on properties.

2. Select the taskbar tab.

3. In the “Taskbar location on the screen” drop down list you may select your preferred location and click on apply.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Apr 10, 2023
  4. How to change taskbar location in Windows 11?

taskbar location changed windows 10

Hi Lorraine,

For us to narrow down your concern with taskbar location that has been changed, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue first begin?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2023
Thema:

How to change taskbar location in Windows 11?

1. How to change taskbar location in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - change taskbar location

2. How to change photos import location in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change photos import location in Windows 11: Hello,I'm currently trying to import my iphone photos and videos to my computer, more specifically my D Drive HDD, from my iphone.It's automatically set to my C Drive which is an SSD so it has no where near the space to hold all my photos/videos. The only other location...
  3. How to change photos import location in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change photos import location in Windows 11: Hello,I'm currently trying to import my iphone photos and videos to my computer, more specifically my D Drive HDD, from my iphone.It's automatically set to my C Drive which is an SSD so it has no where near the space to hold all my photos/videos. The only other location...
  4. How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2: Hi all,after clean installing Windows 11, I cannot change Desktop location. By default it is set to be in OneDrive location, while I'd like to have as it was - in %user%/Desktop. But in Desktop properties there is no longer "Location" tab. I can do it for "Pictures", "Music"...
  5. How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2: Hi all,after clean installing Windows 11, I cannot change Desktop location. By default it is set to be in OneDrive location, while I'd like to have as it was - in %user%/Desktop. But in Desktop properties there is no longer "Location" tab. I can do it for "Pictures", "Music"...
  6. Taskbar Locations in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Locations in Windows 11: Does anyone know when one will be able to alter the location of the taskbar in Windows 11? I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the taskbar is fixed to the bottom of the screen. As someone that prefers to have the taskbar on the left side of the screen, I...
  7. Taskbar Locations in Windows 11

Taskbar Locations in Windows 11: Does anyone know when one will be able to alter the location of the taskbar in Windows 11? I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the taskbar is fixed to the bottom of the screen. As someone that prefers to have the taskbar on the left side of the screen, I...
  8. Change Taskbar location in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Taskbar location in Windows 11: Hi,I have been so used to have my taskbar docked vertically to the right side of my screen, but with Windows11 I cannot do this.Could you please help how this can be fixed.Thanks and Regards,Sayli....
  9. Change Taskbar location in Windows 11

Change Taskbar location in Windows 11: Hi,I have been so used to have my taskbar docked vertically to the right side of my screen, but with Windows11 I cannot do this.Could you please help how this can be fixed.Thanks and Regards,Sayli....
  10. Change Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Change Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10 How to Change Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...