Windows 10: How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut

Discus and support How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; By default, Windows 10 opens the Narrator as the accessibility tool when you press the Win+Vol Up button. However, if you want to change the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut

By default, Windows 10 opens the Narrator as the accessibility tool when you press the Win+Vol Up button. However, if you want to change the default accessibility tool, you can follow this tutorial. Although it is possible to select something else using the Control Panel, you can do the same with the help of Registry Editor.

How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut [​IMG]

There are three accessibility tools available in Windows 10, and they are:

At times, they help users perform a particular task when they are in some problem. For example, if your physical keyboard has some issues, you can opt for the On-screen keyboard and keep typing. If you are using a Windows 10 tablet, you can press the Windows+Volume Up button to launch the selected accessibility tool. However, if you do not want to open the Narrator and instead, you want to open the Magnifier or On-screen keyboard, here is how you can change that.

As you will use the Registry Editor, it is recommended to backup all Registry files before changing anything.

Change Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol

You can Launch a Magnifier or On-Screen Keyboard instead of a Narrator accessibility tool when you press the Win+Vol Up keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. You need to edit the Registry as follows:

1. Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
    2. Type regedit > hit Enter button > select the Yes option.
    3. Go to SlateLaunch in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    4. Double-click on the ATapp String Value.
    5. Enter osk or magnifierpane or keep it blank.
    6. Click the OK button.

To learn more about these steps, keep reading.

At first, you have to open Registry Editor. For that, press Win+R, type regedit and hit the Enter button. Once the UAC prompt appears, click on the Yes option.

Next, navigate to the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\SlateLaunch

If you cannot find the SlateLaunch key, you have to create it manually in the Accessibility key.

For that, right-click on Accessibility > New > Key and name it as SlateLaunch.

Then, right-click on the SlateLaunch > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it as LaunchAT.

Double-click on this REG_DOWRD value and set the Value data as 1.

How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut [​IMG]

Next, right-click on the SlateLaunch > New > String Value, and name it as ATapp.

Note: If you can already see the SlateLaunch key and ATapp and LaunchAT values, you don’t have to create them manually.

Double-click on the ATapp Sting Value, and set the Value data as follows:

• osk: On-screen keyboard
    • magnifierpane: Magnifier
    • narrator: Narrator
    • Blank

Click the OK button to save the change.

Then, restart your device to get the new option.

Read: How to use Ease Of Access settings in Windows 10.

This article How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 4, 2021

2. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut :)

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2021
  4. How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut

How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut

1. How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut - Similar Threads - Change Accessibility tool

2. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  3. how do I change the keyboard shortcut for accessing task view?

how do I change the keyboard shortcut for accessing task view?: so, by default, the shortcut is (win) + (tab). and I feel that this is garbage, as I'm switching way too often to use a multi ey shortcut. now, I'm only using this OS for work, and otherwise, I use Linux, so I'm used to being able to control what my computer does, and how it...
  4. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  5. WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS: Literally every other OS out there allows this. Why can't I change what opens what and does what. How can you defend this? submitted by /u/yeetngreet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxtx1i/why_cant_you_change_keyboard_shortcuts/
  6. How to change keyboard shortcuts Win 10 photo app (help)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change keyboard shortcuts Win 10 photo app (help): Hi (sorry if i post this is the wrong section i'm new) The title is self explanatory , i did a little bit of searching around but i can't find a proper solution and i don't want to do something wrong with the system I want key Z to rotate left and key X to rotate right ,...
  7. How to change keyboard shortcuts Win 10 photo app (help)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change keyboard shortcuts Win 10 photo app (help): Hi (sorry if i post this is the wrong section i'm new) The title is self explanatory , i did a little bit of searching around but i can't find a proper solution and i don't want to do something wrong with the system I want key Z to rotate left and key X to rotate right ,...
  8. How to change/fix keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change/fix keyboard shortcuts: Hey there, I'm having some problems with the new Virtual Desktops keyboard shortcuts. They all work fine except the Win + CTRL + Right to move to the one on the right and the Win + CTRL + F4 to close the current one. Is there any way to fix this or maybe change these...
  9. How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default): Hello chaps, I love task view (the thing which happens when you Win-Tab). On previous versions of windows I used a 3rd party app to perform a similar function, but now that it is baked into windows I'd like to use the official method. The problem is that I have...
  10. Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10 How to Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information When you press the Windows *Start button and Volume up button together on your tablet in Windows 8 or Windows 10,...