Windows 10: how to change the administrator of my computer back to me

Discus and support how to change the administrator of my computer back to me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I registered an Apple id for my husband and made the two of us family members using my desktop. Now my computer has made my husband the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raksha1010, Nov 5, 2016.

1. how to change the administrator of my computer back to me

I registered an Apple id for my husband and made the two of us family members using my desktop. Now my computer has made my husband the administrator of my desktop and I have to sign in with his photo on the screen. He has his own computer.
    How do I change the Administrator back to me?

:)

Raksha1010, Nov 5, 2016

2. how to change administrator on my computer

Thank you! When I did this, my account on my computer is GONE! So I tried creating another and Microsoft keeps telling me "Something went wrong. Try again, or Select cancel to set up your device later." Believe me when I say, I have done both of these
    multiple times. I'm getting very frustrated! :-(

cmschlenvogt, Nov 5, 2016
  3. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

how to change the administrator of my computer back to me

Open an elevated command prompt from his account (press start button, type cmd, right click "Command Prompt" and select run as administrator)
    • Type net localgroup administrators /add <yourusername>
    • Log out and back in, your account should be a local admin account now.

If you don't know your account name type net user

Neemobeer, Nov 5, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    If you mean you can't see how to find your account to sign into, then look at the lower left corner of the login screen. There should be a list of available accounts there - just click on yours.

how to change the administrator of my computer back to me [​IMG]

Bree, Nov 5, 2016
  6. There is just a photo of him, his name, and email address with the login bar. Nothing in the lower left.

Raksha1010, Nov 5, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Sounds like the only way to get in and change things would be to temporarily enable the built-in Administrator account - and to do that, probably the only way available to you now would be Option 4 here...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to change the administrator of my computer back to me

1. how to change the administrator of my computer back to me - Similar Threads - change administrator computer

2. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change back to administrator: I tried to switch my account to Standard but it said it was the only administrator account so I made the Guest account administrator, but for some reason when I try to run something as administrator, it asks for the administrator's password which I didn't set in the Guest...
  3. How do I change the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the administrator on my computer.: I recently purchased a computer for my daughter and set it up using my Microsoft account and now we want to add her as an administrator and remove me. Thank you...
  4. How do I change the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the administrator on my computer.: I recently purchased a computer for my daughter and set it up using my Microsoft account and now we want to add her as an administrator and remove me. Thank you...
  5. How do I change the administrator of my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the administrator of my computer?: My granddaughter, Tatum Braxton set my computer up as though it was her private laptop when in actuality it belongs to me, Lonna Clark Braxton. How do I change the administrator for billing & ownerrship purposes?...
  6. Windows 10 how to change back to administrator?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 how to change back to administrator?: Hi,so I changed my only administrator account into device owner and now I can't do anything to change it back. When I try to change back to administrator it's asking me for administrator password which I nerver set. Even the cmd prompt in safe mode asking me for administrator...
  7. Changing administrator on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing administrator on my computer: Ok I have been at this for hours, trying to google or bing an answer. when my son set up my computer he set himself as admin., how do I change this, I have tried several things and nothing is working. it cannot be that difficult but I cannot figure it out. HELP...
  8. My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.

My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.: It says I am until I want to download something then it says I don't have administration rights. what can I do to change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-not-recognising-me-as-the/0e61493f-c7a3-4ce3-af9f-7e29b1d14335"
  9. Administrator of my computer is not me. Help!!

Administrator of my computer is not me. Help!!: Can I get some answers from you on a problem? I bought a computer (Baby Dell) from a pawn shop and it has an administrator on it with a password and pin number. I really need to be my own administrator. Is there a fix for this? I can not return it to the pawn....
  10. accidentally change administrator to user, how to change back to admin

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally change administrator to user, how to change back to admin: Hi all, actually i wanted to disable the log in password function every time when i on my PC but i accidentally changed the administrator to user... after restarting my com i cant change back as i'm not the admin any more... See pic below... [img] anyways to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change from administrator back to me