Windows 10: How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

Discus and support How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by astroica, Oct 24, 2022.

1. astroica Win User

How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't know the password. I also don't have any contact info of the person who previously used the laptop. Is it possible for me to change the administrator account even though I don't know the password or should I give up?

:)

astroica, Oct 24, 2022
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Oct 24, 2022
  3. simrick Win User
    How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, Oct 24, 2022
  4. Alboari Win User

How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

How to revert local account to administrator acc.

my error, I do not have another administrative account, and when I want to change the account type, I get a pop up, saying to type a password or fingerprint, so far good, but it tell me I need elevated rights, I was in the process to create a reset disk.,I can open cmd elevated from boot, then what do I do?

Alboari, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

1. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account - Similar Threads - change administrator without

2. How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?: The image keep failing to upload, so I'll put what's on my screen into words. On my monitor, there is a blue screen, and it says, "Select accountChoose an account to continue."I only have one account, coming from my name, "Hotaru FromAnotherWorld" and it's coming from a...
  3. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  4. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  5. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  6. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  7. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  8. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  9. reset administrator password without current administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...
  10. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...