Windows 10: How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt

Discus and support How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you open the Command Prompt, it should be evident that the background color is black. However, there are those who would prefer to change the color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 29, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt

If you open the Command Prompt, it should be evident that the background color is black. However, there are those who would prefer to change the color but have no idea this is a possibility. If you are one of those many people, then worry not for you’re in the right place.

Change the background color in Command Prompt

This article will explain how to change the background and foreground of the color of the Command Prompt app in Windows 10. You will find out that making the changes is very simple despite the lack of evidence of this feature being a thing when looked at from a glance. Bear in mind that the same can be done for the Windows PowerShell tool, which from our experience, is a little bit better than CMD. Do it as follows:

1. Open Command Prompt
    2. Right-click on the Menu bar and select Properties
    3. Navigate to the Colors tab
    4. Select the colors you want for the elements
    5. Click OK and exit.

You will see the change colors.

Time for us to discuss this topic from a more detailed point of view.

The first thing to do here is to fire up Command Prompt by clicking on the Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog box. From there, type CMD into the box area then hit Enter on your keyboard. Right away the Command Prompt should now be visible.

How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt Command-Prompt-Properties.jpg

After opening the Command Prompt, you will see just what you’ve always seen. But there is a Properties section that is hidden away.

To get there, please right-click on the top of the tool, that section with the white color.

From there, go on ahead and select Properties from the menu and wait for another window to show itself.

How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt Command-Prompt-Colors.jpg

Now, the next thing you will want to do is to open the Colors tab. From there, you can change the color of the following:

• Screen Text
    • Screen Background
    • Popup Text
    • Popup Background

You can alter the colors by either selecting from the list of colors shown on-screen or do so by adding your own color values.

Once you’re done with the Colors section, bring yourself over to the Terminal tab where you’ll see the option to adjust colors as well.

How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt Change-the-background-color-in-Command-Prompt.jpg

Bear in mind you’ll be required to add your own values in order to change the colors.

By playing around a bit, you can also make the Command Prompt Transparent.

Read: Basic Command Prompt Tips.

Change background and foreground colors of CMD temporarily

How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt Command-Prompt-Change-Colors-Temp.jpg

For those who want to change colors but only for a moment until the program is restarted, then return to the command section. After doing that, please type the following command and hit Enter:

color \?

Press any corresponding numbers and letters to set the colors you want.

As stated above, this is a temporary measure and will revert to the default color scheme after a restart of the program.

Also read: Advanced Command Prompt Tricks.

How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt Command-Prompt-Change-Colors-Temp.jpg
    This article How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 29, 2021

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 29, 2021
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 29, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt - Similar Threads - change Background Foreground

2. Paint 3D - How to replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D - How to replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors?: MS Paint can replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors.Can another app from Microsoft do same?Paint 3D or another program bundled with Windows 10 Enterprise ?Microsoft Office 365 ?...
  3. Paint 3D - How to replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D - How to replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors?: MS Paint can replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors.Can another app from Microsoft do same?Paint 3D or another program bundled with Windows 10 Enterprise ?Microsoft Office 365 ?...
  4. Paint 3D - How to replace one color to another via eraser of foreground to background colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change window background color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change window background color?: High contrast mode is really awful. submitted by /u/mki7a [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mggzjs/how_to_change_window_background_color/
  6. How to change background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  7. How to create a hotkey for running command in background instead of foreground in win10?

How to create a hotkey for running command in background instead of foreground in win10?: To execute a my application in foreground in win10'cmd: c:\myapp\app.exe -c c:\myapp\config.json Bind the cmd with a hotkey. hotkey logo Click on desktop--new--hotkey,write the command `c:\myapp\app.exe -c c:\myapp\config.json` in target menu,named it `myapp`. run...
  8. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  9. Command Prompt Colors

Command Prompt Colors: On one of my computers the command prompt terminal defaults to black text on a grey background and does not respond to changing the properties in the normal manner. On the odd occasion that I have managed to change it to white on black it reverts to black on grey next time it...
  10. How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows: Just read this article in " Makeuseof" Actually very cool!! Thought I'd share it http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...rs-in-windows/ 37871