Windows 10: How to change the behavior when resizing windows?

Discus and support How to change the behavior when resizing windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When you resize windows with Command + Arrow keys, Windows tries to be helpful by asking you to pick which other window you want to fill the remaining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/isolatrum, Jan 8, 2021.

1. How to change the behavior when resizing windows?

When you resize windows with Command + Arrow keys, Windows tries to be helpful by asking you to pick which other window you want to fill the remaining space.

I find this annoying. I have to press escape after I resize to cancel out this secondary selection flow.

I would prefer a more minimal tiling setup. On other OSs I typically assign some custom shortcuts for top/bottom/right/left and all the various quarter-screen options.

Is it possible to disable the default Windows tiling behavior (the hotkeys for resizing windows) and put some custom ones on top of it?

submitted by /u/isolatrum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/isolatrum, Jan 8, 2021

2. Improper window resize and cursor behavior in Win 10 version 1703 15063.483

Hi Barry,

Software incompatibilities can trigger issues with sizing and cursor behavior after a recent update. For us to properly assist you in resolving the mentioned challenges, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Did the issue start after you installed the 1703 version?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party applications or software installed on your computer?
    • Aside from trying two different driver versions, may we know if you have done other troubleshooting steps to rectify the issue?
    • Can you send us screenshots detailing the difficulties that you're experiencing with resizing and cursor behavior?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 8, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Jake Win User

How to change the behavior when resizing windows?

How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

Jake, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

How to change the behavior when resizing windows?

1. How to change the behavior when resizing windows? - Similar Threads - change behavior resizing

2. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  3. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  4. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar behavior changed when selecting apps with multiple windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar behavior changed when selecting apps with multiple windows: Yesterday, my system was updated to Windows 10 Home 10.19042 Build 19042.This morning, I noticed a strange and frustrating behavior when trying to use the Taskbar to switch to a window in an app with more than one window open.Here's my Taskbar:Outlook, Excel and Nuance Power...
  6. How to resize a window without resizing the page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to resize a window without resizing the page?: I want to split screen a YouTube video, and I want to resize the window so it only shows the actual video instead of the comments, recommended, and all that stuff. Like cropping a window and being able to move it so I can split screen without all the unnecessary parts of...
  7. Changing cursor behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing cursor behavior: Does someone have any ideas how to make windows to move cursor to end of line with down arrow if no lines are below, like in macOS? Without using another shortcuts or buttons. submitted by /u/Windows-1251 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to resize

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to resize: [IMG]how to resize ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize/4b1e7725-d609-494e-a38a-f71316a1ee8f
  9. Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user.: With old computer (Win 7), changing the local user would leave Windows Media Player happily playing the audio selected by the first user. With Win 10 on a new (1 week) machine, changing the local user stops or at least silences the playback. I'd like to know if this...
  10. How to resize windows when the resize want work

in Windows 10 Support
    How to resize windows when the resize want work: Windows in browser and file explorer will not resize. The windows open maximized. I lost the ability to put two windows side by side. 69765